Anyone for some industry gossip?

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A little birdie just told me that Monza have now got Rock Shox, Avid and SRAM, taking them from Cramers.

Interesting times. I guess Monza will need some tech heads rather than just t-shirt salespeople now.

goose_007

Likes Dirt
monza

I knew that a week ago and monza won't be ready to start moving the new stuff until the end of next week.

neko

Likes Dirt
Re: monza

goose_007 said:
I knew that a week ago
That's nice, did everyone else?

Anyway,

Are SCP's mechanics going with the deal? If not, Rock Shox is going to take a hit as far as service and support go in Aus.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Thats good news. Maybe australia will have some competitive pricing on forks now that its not all distributed through steve cramers.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
everyone might already know this but speaking of sram, there 's rumour that there will be x-generation sram front derailleur to match the X.0, X.9 and X.7 shifters and rear derailleurs next year.

Rik

logged out
Re: monza

goose_007 said:
I knew that a week ago
I knew it 2 weeks ago [/pissing contest] :p

Front derailleurs will be a welcome return to the SRAM lineup, but has anyone heard anything about them doing road components? Maybe my source needs a good kicking, but who knows.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Correct me if im wrong, but isn't sram distributed by groupe sportif not scp? So it wouldn't have been part of the deal when scp contract expired as local distributer?
Other rumors on the sram front, a new X.9 rear der, that is a bastard child of x.0 and X.9, less carbon than X.0, more CNC than X.9

Rik

logged out
SRAM is with Groupe... but because SRAM is pulling all three companies together, it makes sense that SRAM goes with Avid and RS to Monza.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I understand this, but would they not be under different contracts? The only reason rock shox went elswhere is because scp contract expired and dind't contest it again.

dhd

Downhill Direct
And Cramers now have Da Bomb.
Though they won't have any in stock until June/July.

monza with rock shocks

monza having rock shocks means less shop will have them and less dealers inclined to because of monza having less dealer margin than most so less discount for everyone

dhd

Downhill Direct
Yes but with a bazillion bikes specced with Rock Shox Monza will have to step up to the plate and provide service as well. It will be interesting to see what happens.....It may go as well as Manitou has here (Well done Marcus) who provide great service. Or, It could go to crap!

Sasquatch

Likes Dirt
Re: monza with rock shocks

sibsonthenet said:
monza having rock shocks means less shop will have them and less dealers inclined to because of monza having less dealer margin than most so less discount for everyone
Less margin = cheaper forks for us!?

Well not me, I hate rock shocks. Just making a point ;)

Rik

logged out
Re: monza with rock shocks

Sasquatch said:
Less margin = cheaper forks for us!?
possibly, if they drop the RRP, but I can't see that happening... so it means less money for the shop, less potential discount for customers, more heartache for everyone.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I met with both Cramer's and Monza last week to get the low-down during a roadie and have the news from both sides of the Camel's ass..but am bound to a code so will have to put it in the vault...mmmmmmm..mmmmmmmm...mmmmmm.

And Rik, I knew three weeks ago teehee :wink: (pissing into wind here)

Tim

Likes Dirt
i herd Sram is staying with Group Sportif (sp?) and has nothing to do with RS and Avid moving to Monza, as weird as it sounds..... I'd say Manitou are going to be alot cheaper now.

Tim

Rik

logged out
Well because the 3 companies are all under the one roof now, they're supposedly combining them all onto one account for wholesalers/manufacturers... makes sense to me, and also means it's all or none for the distributers.