Anyone from Sydney going to the Nationals Round in Tasmania?

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
I am just wondering how many people from Sydney are going to the Nationals in Tasmania? With Mountain Cross on the Friday and Downhill on the Saturday are people flying with two bikes or are they going to drive to Melbourne and get the ferry? You can't get the ferry from Sydney now as it ceased at the end of August unfortunately.

Feed back would be great. :D

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Yes. We're flying down on the friday morning, coming back on Monday morning. As far as the schedule goes, MTNX is on the Saturday (practice is on both Friday and Sat) and DH is on Sunday (you can get the schedule here).

nicho

Sacré bleu!
I'm going for sure but do you reckon flying is much better than driving etc...

If we fly, we have to rent a car etc .... it would be good to know what the best alternative. Especially if we decide to bring a lot of bikes and parts etc...

nicho

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
I'm going for sure but do you reckon flying is much better than driving etc...

If we fly, we have to rent a car etc .... it would be good to know what the best alternative. Especially if we decide to bring a lot of bikes and parts etc...

nicho

It is expensive to drive and then get the ferry, especially if you want to sleep on the ferry. I've checked it out. I might be about the same to rent a van and get a cheap flight. I will look further into it and let you know. I'll pm you. :)

lucky phil

Likes Bikes
It sucks that the ferry is not running any more. althought it's good ,don’t have to worried about sea sickness it is going to be very unpleasant in bass straight this time of the year.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
well not sure if that helps but i found a return fare from Virginblue for $250 . and we all know what virgin's policy is on bikes ;)

nicho

G-Man

Likes Dirt
what i have come up with thus far

HEy folks

Foxy and I Are heading down as a crew with Pylet and going the ferry
me thisnks ..

Tassie Costings with Van // with out Van // and all the Bla Bla Bla ..

1stly – Spirit of Tasmania http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/index.htm
1 x Van with trailer full of bikes $219.00 – just check the measurements for me b-4 you quote me on that
as that is at 7.1 m ,, It is $56.00 per meter over the 7.1 mark

1 x Standard Car @ 2m wide 0.1m to 5.0m /// $69.00

1 x Standard Car @ 2m wide 5.1m to 6.0m /// $111.00 – I think this one is the van size less the trailer

Then it’s $114.00 per person on the boat ..
No access to the Van ,, departs 8 pm arrives 7 am daily – year round
now only out of Melbourne unfortunately ..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2ndly the expensive option – Flying –Jetstar ..
Cheapest is Jetstar ( Bogan Air) departing daily
for $130.00 each way not including extra baggage
so we are looking at , at least $260.00 per person
b-4 we look at accommodation and Car-hire + Race costs ..

The vans I have looked at are on a per day rate
and more than $40 per day – so I’m thinking we
are sailing ..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hope that helps folks ..
I didn’t even dig too deeply into the flight costs as
the more I got into it the more dollar signs started to flash up ..

Catch ya soon – G-man outy

turkey 6000

Banned
ive heard a place down there called CUTPRICE RENTALS is pretty cheap.
there are a couble of vans 4wd's etc.
but i got my stp into a lazer.

muzza167

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

If you decide to travel with Spirit of Tasmania, and want a better trip, and have a little more money to spend, get a bunk. dont trust them stupid seats in the lounge place, they will not allow sleep. Infact many just take pillows and sleep on the floor.

Im glad to see there is a few of you coming down for a race or two :D

Have a safe trip down.

Stewart