Anyone got a room to rent in canberra?

spiderpig

Likes Dirt
Will be moving to canberra pretty soon and finding it pretty hard to find a place to live. Anyone looking for a house mate in canberra? Preferably close to the airport and some good riding.

Cheers

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
unless you're working at brindabella business park/brand depot/airport itself i can't really think of any reason to live near by. it's the only part of canberra that has peak hour traffic problems and it's noisy.

the closest realistic option would be ainslie/hackett kinda area, only downside is you may be late to work if you're working near the airport as you would have to ride some trails at majura to get to work ;)

StInKy LoVeR

Likes Dirt
No guarntee. We got a big house in the suburd Ainslie. I don't think my parents would like someone to be staying in it. But my dad is doing up the shed to make it a little apartment and renting it out. I dont think it will be ready for a while though. Close to Mt Ainslie and Mt Majura. About 15-20 to Stromlo.

user5000

Cannon Fodder
Biker place in Hackett

Hi Spiderpig,

We've got a soon to be spare room, just go to the allhomes website, then look under the share section, for ACT/Qybyn, then go to the hackett section.

Our place is first on the list. I'd post the web address but the system won't let me! Feel free to get in touch if it sounds about right!

spiderpig

Likes Dirt
Hi Spiderpig,

We've got a soon to be spare room, just go to the allhomes website, then look under the share section, for ACT/Qybyn, then go to the hackett section.

Our place is first on the list. I'd post the web address but the system won't let me! Feel free to get in touch if it sounds about right!
Checked it out thanks, not sure if i talked to you or your housemate but sounds good.. seems to be alot of people in canberra looking for a place. Definately interested. pm me if you need to.

Oz_Ash

Likes Bikes
I'm in a share house at the moment in O'Connor and people are coming and going fairly regularly. I know one of my house mates is only here for another month or so so can give your name to my landlord if you like.

spiderpig

Likes Dirt
I'm in a share house at the moment in O'Connor and people are coming and going fairly regularly. I know one of my house mates is only here for another month or so so can give your name to my landlord if you like.
Thanks for the reply, have a couple of maybe's on the go but who knows will prob fall through. will let you know