Anyone read Japanese???

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
Hi all

Trying to buy some Universal Studio tickets and google translate not doing a good job. English site doesn’t sell ticket or express passes at all. Japanese discrimination at work!!!

www.usj.co.jp

Thanks
Shane

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Hi all

Trying to buy some Universal Studio tickets and google translate not doing a good job. English site doesn’t sell ticket or express passes at all. Japanese discrimination at work!!!

www.usj.co.jp

Thanks
Shane
If it's like sim cards and most ATMs in Japan you will need a Japanese credit card to order online or will need to at least be a japanese resident. They're a bit xenophobic like that.

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
If it's like sim cards and most ATMs in Japan you will need a Japanese credit card to order online or will need to at least be a japanese resident. They're a bit xenophobic like that.
My googling has revealed people from overseas do manage to successfully buy tickets from the Japanese version of the site so I'm hoping this won't be a problem.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
What tickets do you want? To be honest I wouldn't buy the tickets until you get there as you never know what might happen. As much as you need a plan over here you need to be flexible as well as there's so many factor that can stuff those plans, crowds, weather, etc.

Feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can.

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
What tickets do you want? To be honest I wouldn't buy the tickets until you get there as you never know what might happen. As much as you need a plan over here you need to be flexible as well as there's so many factor that can stuff those plans, crowds, weather, etc.

Feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can.
Unfortunately I don't think I have a choice, Kids have been looking forward to this for over 6 months.. We have only one day when we can visit USJ and another one for DisneySea. Short of a blizzard or major earthquake we will be going regardless.

I'm hoping if someone can read Japanese, they can walk me through the web site. If you (or anyone else) can help with that, that would be awesome!

dbowden

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately I don't think I have a choice, Kids have been looking forward to this for over 6 months.. We have only one day when we can visit USJ and another one for DisneySea. Short of a blizzard or major earthquake we will be going regardless.

I'm hoping if someone can read Japanese, they can walk me through the web site. If you (or anyone else) can help with that, that would be awesome!
Travel agents have that sort of stuff dialed. I used JTB travel to book some advance tickets last year so I would give them a go if its not straight forward on the USJ site.

freddofrog

Likes Dirt
Update, all sorted :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

The host/owner of the Airbnb we are staying at offered to buy the tickets for us. Kids are stoked (as am I).

Thanks for all the offers of help everyone, so greatly appreciated.

Hi all

You reckon that's discrimination, wait till you try and purchase Godzilla insurance, they will deny all knowledge, and any mention of Mothra is likely to get you kicked out of their office.