Anyone?

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got this from work.. Can anyone shed some light on it ? Speedwell was/is a Aussie bike builder in the early 1900 and held some Australian distance records ..
It's in pretty poor condition, but those flash stickers on the downtube just do something for me .

Sent from something to something!

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I'd guess late 70's. It's got cotter pins on the crank with the chrome fork ends. If you can get a pic of the derailleur and it's original I can probably nail it down a bit closer.

John U

MTB Precision
Fixed that.
Dunno about that. Cross Rider where making BMXs in Bayswater in the 80's. Malvern Star were also making bikes in Australia in the early 80s. Not sure where Repco bikes were coming from them but wouldn't be surprised if they were Australian in the early 80s.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Dunno about that. Cross Rider where making BMXs in Bayswater in the 80's. Malvern Star were also making bikes in Australia in the early 80s. Not sure where Repco bikes were coming from them but wouldn't be surprised if they were Australian in the early 80s.
By the 80's MS made very few bikes, their mass marketed stuff was made by Merida or Giant in Taiwan. A lot of repco and MS frames + forks were the same, just different parts put on them out here.

Late 70's for almost sure.

Last edited:

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
That's a 70's version of a glorified K-mart bike right there with those stamped dropouts and nut crushing stem shifters.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yeah but it runs Eagle II !!

And a Thunder Bird front derailleur!!
If you ride it fast enough or jump high enough does it have wings that pop out to get you airborne?