Anything in Noosa (Dj,Dh,Fr,St)????

grundy

Likes Dirt
I was born in noosa, but moved down to melbourne a while back, I still go up to noosa alot, but never really took my bike. Theres heaps of skateparks around, Noosa skatepark near the aquatic centre is heaps good, its hidden away though. also theres, a skatepark in every town i rekon. ahh
eumundy, tewantin, cooroy (sp?) look around your bound to find some.
as for freeride down hill ive heard theres stuff in the tewanin state forrest but ive never really looked. I tend to focus on the babes when im up there but.

DirtRida_94

Likes Dirt
I would love too but it's way too hot up there.
And i dont have too much time either. Even some Stair hucks or anything like that

Jzx90

Likes Dirt
Theres some ok singletrack and some nice drops in the National Park in Tewantin opposite Noosa Parklands.

If you feel like going for a drive there is some really good downhill track out at Kenilworth.

Also the boys from Venture Cycles in Noosaville run some rides every week i believe. Could worth asking them about that if you're up for a while.

Cheers
Jamie

highharry

Likes Dirt
Its a fair effort but well worth it, on a really quite day or early in the morning hike your bike to the top of mt coolum and have one hell of a battle getting down. Its a really challenging ride.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a fair effort but well worth it, on a really quite day or early in the morning hike your bike to the top of mt coolum and have one hell of a battle getting down. Its a really challenging ride.
always wanted to do that, but not so keen on the going up bit, its hard enough without a bike haha

happy_heretic

Likes Dirt
wow i cant believe i have never seen another mtber on mt coolum. Used to live close. by the way if you want some hucks, go into the old quarry on mt coolum. You will find plenty. Also just if you see a mountain in the distance, check it out. Hell of a ride to get there half the time (unless you drive) but often you can find fun things.

GUGIE

Likes Bikes
hey if you are willing to frive about 20 or 15 min out of noosa head up to coolum they have a mad skate park just beside the beach dude i would go hit it up.and its aloung the main st have fun up there dude hope you have good weather for riding.:)

DirtRida_94

Likes Dirt
leaving tomorrow..
does anyone no any skate parks in the heart of noosa that it is in riding distance.
This is urgent

ozztrailia

Likes Bikes
Whats the deal with Mt coolum? i just got back from two weeks holidays there but thought nothing of it. I just did XC at emu mountain (other side of coolum) preety fun... and found some steep lines there too.

-|Sean|-

Likes Dirt
Whats the deal with Mt coolum?
Climbed it with a couple of mates just a few weeks back. Epic climb & views - I certainly wouldn't like to be hauling my bike up the top though. Pretty much 100% rock/stones & pretty damn steep at one section which sits on the edge of the mountain.

Attachments

bogankona

Likes Dirt
There are some DJs in noosa outlook there not finished but still able to ride.
The tewantin state forest has many tracks but the main one with some little jumps is called cheese grater this track is the steepest out of them all which isnt very steep, they've all have got waked up names

Duckman

Likes Bikes
Tewantin is pretty rubbish for any downhill/freeride cheese grater + snake are okish...Great for XC though :p. You will need to head out towards kenilworth for the good stuff, only problem with mount coolum is the long push up, its worth it just for the looks you get from the walkers at the top when you put on your helmet ;)

jwd112

Squid
ive just started getting into mtbing and parklands near bli bli was pretty fun some fast downhill parts and fun single tracks but keen to hit noosa/tewantin soon if the tracks are just as fun. but i have heard of the kenilworth dh track and some dude organises a ute and picks u and your mates up and for 30 bucks takes you back up the hill for most of the day. that would be sweet if i had a dh bike:rolleyes: