Apple Macbook

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
Hello all,
Just a quick question.
And before you read it, im sorry if this has been posted 12345679854577546246343415943589 times.
I was wondering how much i would get for my laptop as i am interested in selling it and possibly upgrading, possibly also jumping on the iPad bandwagon.

Specs:
13.3 Screen
2.2Ghz
1GB RAM
160GB Hard-drive
APP
etc etc
Full Specs here: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/apple-macbook-black-core/1707-3121_7-32737068.html

Thoughts and comments are welcome and Much appreciated.
Thank you in advance. :)

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Not real sure, but depending on the condition probably around the $7-800 mark.
Also, dont bother jumping on the iPad bandwagon till the second generation is released, Apple is notorious for withholding crucial features from 1st gen products..

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah hold off till the 2nd gen. The first gen only has 256mb of ram! The 2nd gen is going to have more ram and you can multi-task on it.

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
thanks heaps for the advice fellas.
its probably a silly question but is there a due date for this second generation ipad?

nvd20l

Likes Bikes
thanks heaps for the advice fellas.
its probably a silly question but is there a due date for this second generation ipad?
Seeing as the first one only just came out, not yet. Judging by Apple's product releases in the past, it will more than likely be around this time next year at the earliest I would say.

In relation to your MB, sus out what they are going for on eBay as a starter.
I would say $500 at most you would get for it.

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
Seeing as the first one only just came out, not yet. Judging by Apple's product releases in the past, it will more than likely be around this time next year at the earliest I would say.

In relation to your MB, sus out what they are going for on eBay as a starter.
I would say $500 at most you would get for it.
Atleast that gives me time to save up for it.
I havent seen any that are the same as mine so im finding it hard to gauge a figure, and i know depreciation will knock it down a fair bit, even though i payed like 2300 for it about 2 years ago.
nonetheless thank for your info

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PC laptops are extremely cheap these days so i'd say $500-$700 Maybe less if your battery is crappy. The spec isn't exactly totally out of date but a PC equivalent is like $500 brand new at harvey Norman.

Also i agree with waiting till 2nd gen iPad hits. 2nd Gen is usually alot better then the first and i'm guessing you have a 2nd computer? iPad is useless without a computer anyway and will not replace a laptop.

donny70

Likes Dirt
Do you want a laptop for any particular purpose or a gadget with the same grunt as a mobile phone?

s_govers01

Likes Dirt
PC laptops are extremely cheap these days so i'd say $500-$700 Maybe less if your battery is crappy. The spec isn't exactly totally out of date but a PC equivalent is like $500 brand new at harvey Norman.

Also i agree with waiting till 2nd gen iPad hits. 2nd Gen is usually alot better then the first and i'm guessing you have a 2nd computer? iPad is useless without a computer anyway and will not replace a laptop.
Thats the thing thesedays, everything becomes obsolete so damn fast.
Yes i think i will just wait for the 2nd gen as it sounds alot better than the first one, which is usually the case.

thanks for the advice, much appreciated.