Are giant reign's a good AM or should i be looking at something else??

Strange, I went out for a ride on my "hyundai" tonight and was faster (both up and down the hill) than the guy on his Ferrari ((?) what would you class a Santa Cruz Bronson?)

So, would a Hyundai ever beat a Ferrari around a track cos apparently mine did.

Unlike a Hyundai vs Ferrari scenario, there is absolutely no proof that a giant is inferior or slower than a Santa Cruz, Yeti, or other boutique brand but hey, some sucker has to buy the over priced bikes ;-)

Now go squeeze some pimples.
As mountain bike dont peddle themselves it appears that you may be fitter than the other bloke. Inferiority or speed was never mentioned I suspect the comment was based more on the fact you are jealous of the dude that just happens to be able to afford the Santa Cruz :)

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Me jealous? Far from it. Im smug if anything.

It was said by another poster that you need a Liteville, Santa Cruz or similar that is race proven. Funny thing is, I'm sure I've seen many race results where winners were on Giants so they are 'race proven' if that means anything to you.

Last edited:
Me jealous? Far from it. Im smug if anything.

It was said by another poster that you need a Liteville, Santa Cruz or similar that is race proven. Funny thing is, I'm sure I've seen many race results where winners were on Giants so they are 'race proven' if that means anything to you.
I bought my 2013 Giant reign for the frame really, Great geometry, light and strong for its purpose. pedals well uphill without bob. Change the tyres and build it how you want. mine weighs 13 kgs at present:wave:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Loved my reign, only dislike i had was the amount of pressure i had to jam into the back shock to get it to feel right and not have it plowing through the travel. I think i had it around 230-240 PSI when i sold it and i weigh sub 70kg.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Loved my reign, only dislike i had was the amount of pressure i had to jam into the back shock to get it to feel right and not have it plowing through the travel. I think i had it around 230-240 PSI when i sold it and i weigh sub 70kg.
Yeah,

Speccing these bikes with a HV air can on the shock was a big mistake Giant made. It's pretty cheap to fix, but I guess most people wouldn't realise.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Yeah,

Speccing these bikes with a HV air can on the shock was a big mistake Giant made. It's pretty cheap to fix, but I guess most people wouldn't realise.
Apparently they go awesome with the float-x/ccdb though. I just think the pivot arm was a touch to long and blows through the travel just a little to easy.

>moto<

Likes Bikes
I have a 2011 Reign 1 and I've never gelled with shock. It seems too wallowy if I set the sag properly and sinks into fast corners.

Up the pressure to stop this and you lose the plushness. Other than that and the shitty brakes it's been a great bike.

Ivan

Eats Squid
[QUOTE=>moto

Buy a volume spacer kit from fox ( they're relatively cheap), or make your own. It makes a big difference, it lowers sag pressures, and makes the effective spring rate more progressive resulting in the bike riding higher in its travel and resisting bottom out better. This and using 20% sag instead of 25%

Jemoah

Squid
Trance SX

I just bought a Trance SX, Which you will see shortly in the 'post your ride' section, absolutely mint bike, I would highly recommend one. I bought the Carbon version, but the alloy is for sale for 3k from giant at the mo.

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
I'll get slimed for this but just got an avanti copper mine 2 as an all mountain. Loving it. Will do wombat soon and otways. Doesn't climb like the old hard tail but my time improvement on strava has been unbelievable. Paid 2k. Bargain. Loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuffRydaz

Likes Bikes
If i were going to spend so much money for a sx than i rather go with a Nomad carbon, paid for my built around 6.5 grand