Are Risse (The Champ) forks good?

Cook

Likes Bikes
I am thinking of putting a Risse on my V10 and wanted to know if they were a good freeride fork.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
i'd stay away from them. i had them, so unreliable and over-engineered. forget about any help from risse if you have any problems, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. in a word, CRAP!!! :D

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
danger danger will robinson!!!!!
stay away from risse at all cost.
they have no supplier in australia, the online help is so bad you are better randomly hitting the keyboard with your head and reading the results, and the seels are so bad as to be non existent.
i've just spent a fortune on a set of trixxy forks that totaly crap, have way less travel than advertised, and need the main seel replaced on a weekly basis (and no they aren't scratched).
i know of cases where people have had the fork leaking, sent it to the factory for a rebuild, and when they got it back it was leaking out of the box.
maybe if you live in the states they would be ok, but not here.
for the price of a new set, you can get something worthwhile like a jnr or super t.
if none of this scares you off, then mine are also flexy, sticky, and impossible to get brake adapters for.
oh and th guy who answers tech email for them won't send you a manual, or set of diagrams, won't tell you seel sizes cause you can buy fron them, and doesn't actualy know how to disassemble the forks he is not giving advice on. his final word on it all was that i should air mail them to them and they would fix them for me. from australia, for a fee.
so, ummm, yeah, i have some issues with risse.......................

fastrider gus

super huck
if you like the big inverted forks.. look into some stratos S8's... muuuuuch better and would rule on the V10... be just like a motoXer!

Ty

Eats Squid
Cook said:
888's are not good for drops though.

can you please supply us with some facts to base that on, for a fork that hasn't been offical released yet that seems like a bold statement.

Cook

Likes Bikes
They sold some pairs in Whistler for promotion. And one of the guys that got one broke it off a drop.

big dan

Likes Dirt
had a pair of champs back in the day..they were very sweet then but these days i suggest you go a zocchi. As has been stated above, risse is a small company and isnt really known for great service