Are you able to put a bashguard on an E-13 Lg1 taco Chainguide?

tc2233

Likes Dirt
Just recently i bought a Santa Cruz V10 frame and i also bought an e-13 lg1 taco style chainguide. Supposedly if you run a taco style chainguide on a v10 the ISCG mount can snap off the frame with not much pressure (only found out after i had bought the lg1 chain guide). As the lg1 chainguide is bought off a rotorburn user and is unable to get refunded is it possible for me to to buy a bashguard (that is designed for a SRS chainguide) and put it on my lg1 chainguide.

Tim

timhill

Likes Dirt
I've seen it done before but it would have required a lot of fiddling around. It was also very unpleasing aesthetically.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just use it. Santa Cruz just say they could break, and that they won't be warrantied. However, if you return the frame for another matter, it won't be held against you. Chances of it happening aren't huge, and if shit hits the fan and they snap (unlikely; they normally twist) then an adaptor can be used.

philw86

Likes Bikes
Just recently i bought a Santa Cruz V10 frame and i also bought an e-13 lg1 taco style chainguide. Supposedly if you run a taco style chainguide on a v10 the ISCG mount can snap off the frame with not much pressure (only found out after i had bought the lg1 chain guide). As the lg1 chainguide is bought off a rotorburn user and is unable to get refunded is it possible for me to to buy a bashguard (that is designed for a SRS chainguide) and put it on my lg1 chainguide.

Tim
What model year frame? The newer V10s with ISCG-05 tabs will not have any issues with tab breakage. On the older models with ISCG-OLD tabs, an SRS type system is the better choice.

Also, you didn't mention if you have the 06-08 generation LG1, or the new LG1+. The original style LG1 was designed to be swapped from an LG1 to SRS and back with simple part changes. The new LG1+ is purpose built from the ground up.

Assuming you have an older style LG1, you will simply need a suitable size bashguard and the SRS parts tree.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen :cool:

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a v10 and have run the lg1 for 18 months . No issues except snaped a few taco`s . I have the parts to make a lg1 into the regular chain guide ill let them go cheep if you want them .