Arg! I cant' decide! New bike

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, I got a few option's but I cant' decide! For DH racing

1. By a frame for about $2500 then spend about $600 on getting a wheelset. The frame would be then be built up with boxxer races, Raceface NS cranks, Hays mag hydro's.. all the stuff that was on my old big hit

2. Sell Fork. Go for a bike aroudn 4k. Thinking Giant DH comp, upgrade cranks and brakes

3. Sell everything and go for a bike around 5k. I would love to get a IH DH team but rrp is 5899 and I dont' know if a shop would be willing to drop there price down to 5k (5k is pritty much my upper limit!)..

Arg! What do you's suggest me doing? I can get a frame from my lbs, but my lbs won't do Giant or IH so if I do go for them I will have to go to another store.

G

new bike... feels way better than whoring parts of the old one as josh said to me

Fritta

Likes Dirt
I reckon you should rule out No. 2, because i'd hate to have a bike lying around unridable. So either you got a noice bike or a good bike and another good bike. If your totally serious about DH then i'd sell everything. But otherwise just buy the frame and build up buddy...

S.

ex offender
I'd go with number 3... when you go scratching around with loose parts and stuff, it becomes a major hassle. I would know, I'm in the process of doing it for the third time, and it won't happen a fourth (slow learner here).

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No. 2 I will be replacing the cranks that come with the bike with the Raceface NS and Hayes Mag's I already got! :) So I will be buying complete and jsut upgrading the couple things I don't like about the build

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
As much as i hate iron horse bikes... i'd go with number 3 for that new bike feeling...

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Geez Socket c'mon, no-one in their right mind would let him ride their IH, he keeps blowing 5th's.

naz

Criminally Inane
Fuzzy said:
new bike... feels way better than whoring parts of the old one as josh said to me
but also your old parts feel good and you may not like the feel of new equipment.....
still id say sell it all get a new bike :) 04 shit looks snazzy! :p

naz

Criminally Inane
josh said:
Geez Socket c'mon, no-one in their right mind would let him ride their IH, he keeps blowing 5th's.
good point, then again i dont think dave should be let near a poor bike :p
iz ok dave we shall go for a ride once ur finished at school

boonga

Likes Dirt
Go for option 3 or 2. Having a new bike is sooooo good, where as new frame with old parts isnt quite as good.

horsey

Likes Dirt
Getting a complete whole new bike is the way to go. All new shiny components utilising the latest in technology. Everything is covered by warranty.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
id go with probably no2

no1 is dont really is good as the Boxxer Races arent gonna match
the rear shock on the frame

i like no2 as its a new bike with changing things you dont like

but no3 could be a little expensive if 5k is max

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm biting the bullet and going to go for the ironhorse. It's kitted out with pritty much everything I want. Will mean I will have to save for a couple extra weeks but, I am sure it will be worth it.

juzza

Likes Dirt
plese do us all a favour and get rid of that signature photo. Its serioulsy really annoying.

Nice choice on deciding on getthing the iornhorse. Theyre awesome bikes!