Assassination Attempt Made Against Bush

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
It has just been reported over here in the States, that someone has made an assassination attempt on president George Bush. Apparently, he was giving a speech in Russia when someone throw a hand grenade on stage. Early reports are that it did not go off, and no one was hurt...

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
trust them to use a granade that doesnt work... had it blown up, i dont think even bush's SS cronnies could have stopped that one...

W2ttsy

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Thank god it didn't kill him. He would have been martyr-ised into the new Abe Linoln.

bazza

look at me
i reakon. he would be a trueee victim than. and everyone would of cried and john howard would of kissed him better.

Laurie

Likes Dirt
I knew I shouldn't have paid the Russian mafia to do the job they were supposed to haha that's what you get when you get the Russians to do a job they cut corners any way they can.....they just had to sell the explosives inside didn't they.

naz

Criminally Inane
sounds like there vodka, crude, effective(well almost), and wake up the next morning regrettin ur actions of the previous

(in relation to hand grenade as means of assissination)

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
well apparently over a dozen UN body guards jumped on the granade as a sheild against Bush (Why?)... the SS didnt even find out until 2 hours after Bush arrived back at his accomodation...

W2ttsy

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
It was just on the news, says that it landed 30 metres away from Mr Bush, they had footage as well and noone appeared to be trying to get away from the 'grenade.'

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*McBain Voice* On closer inspection my grenade seems to be made of plaarrstic..

Lucky it didnt go off, or there'd most probably be a war over in Russia..

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
what bout the poor guy that got hit in the head by it? what bout him, does noone care for this dude. he has a hugh lump now.
and then there is the SS guy that picked the grenade up and ran.

why cant people just get it right. i mean, whos shot is really that bad.

scblack

Leucocholic
I've just read on SMH that it wasn't even thrown, but is an inactive grenade that was just found on the site. So looks like it was not an assassination attempt anyway.

You can count on the media to beat up something that was nothing into a "newsworthy" story. :rolleyes:

StormFire

Likes Dirt
on a related matter i just saw on CNN that the white house and capitol hill (senate was in session apparently so it was sorta a big deal) got evacuated just cause some moron in a cessna (or likewise small plane) flew a little too close to washington DC for their liking...up until a couple of f-16's showed him the way that is...so those americans still seem to be taking everything sorta seriously.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
That's the big story right now. It sounds like some pilot violated the restricted air space over the White House. Bush wasn't there, but his wife was...

Two close calls for Bush in the last two days, I bet he's sweating a bit...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
blt2ride said:
That's the big story right now. It sounds like some pilot violated the restricted air space over the White House. Bush wasn't there, but his wife was...

Two close calls for Bush in the last two days, I bet he's sweating a bit...
yeh and it was apparently a learner pilot and his instructor.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
Both those pilots where pulled of their plane and put in handcuffs. It seems that they had a lot of explaining to do. I guess this is one of those situations where you can claim ignorance once and only once!

On a side note. When the plane violated the air space, president Bush was riding his mountain bike while the vice-president was actually doing some work. That's a job for me...I ride and get someone else to do my work!

Last edited: