Asssies Dominate World 24 hr!

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Stella effort by Aussies. Not just Jason English and Jessica Douglas, but also on some wins in the others categories
Results at http://www.durt.com.au/
Just looking at the lap times and average speeds - specifically Jason's - why does the average speed not change too much for the first 10laps - but the time of the lap doubles? WTF?

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Just looking at the lap times and average speeds - specifically Jason's - why does the average speed not change too much for the first 10laps - but the time of the lap doubles? WTF?
The "first" lap (ie the one that took 30-odd mins) was a shorter 'prologue' lap.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
The "first" lap (ie the one that took 30-odd mins) was a shorter 'prologue' lap.
Ah thanks. I thought my maths was really letting me down there.....
Correct. At the start, the riders did a 200m Le Mans run, followed by a 9.45 Km prologue (about half the main lap) before getting stuck into the main laps, which were 17.16 Km long.

Also, main thread for this event is in the Enduro Events section here.

fatarseracing

Likes Bikes
logic prevails!

hear that?...the deafening silence of all the 29er riders as they painfully reconsider their bike of choice!:fat:

well done ...not to just the riders but all the support crews as well!

trickle

Likes Dirt
hear that?...the deafening silence of all the 29er riders as they painfully reconsider their bike of choice!:fat:

well done ...not to just the riders but all the support crews as well!
What a narrow minded and ill informed response.

Matt Powell was on a koiled.com.au Ti 29er HT and Rach rode a SC Tallboy to their cat victories. I'm sure there were others...

You know the difference between 29 riders and you? We don't care that you don't ride a 29er.

Electric Panda

Likes Bikes
What a narrow minded and ill informed response.

Matt Powell was on a koiled.com.au Ti 29er HT and Rach rode a SC Tallboy to their cat victories. I'm sure there were others...

You know the difference between 29 riders and you? We don't care that you don't ride a 29er.
... eat more pudding fatboy :p ! If you are going to be silly enough to ride a 24solo on a SS you may as well ride it on a 29er :p

anyway .... the most hotly contested and most competitive of the 16 categories in the race - that is where Neil, Markus and Samuel (who I am sure all rode 26 :p ) made the podium - was the 50-54 Men which was the only category where the top 3 came within 5% of the 1st place time..

Yes peeps when you hit 50 you are going to be a hardman!! :playful:

fatarseracing

Likes Bikes
visual interpretation!

is that a 'knob' to turn the volume up on the violins playing for you?....

let's face it we are both wrong! the only people who have it all are the 650B riders!

have a look @ this secret new pototype specialized bike...you'll love it!

secret new pototype specialized bike.jpg