Athertons on geax tires

placebo

Likes Dirt
They'll probably take the money and run whatever they like, blacking out the sidewalls, like a lot of sponsored riders.

floody

Wheel size expert
They'll probably take the money and run whatever they like, blacking out the sidewalls, like a lot of sponsored riders.
I agree. Although the DHEA looks semi useful, as does the mud tyre.
We'll see I guess.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Not a DH tyre, but I chucked Booze Lights on the DMR a little while ago, and although I haven't given them much use they seem like a nice alternative to the likes of holy rollers, and they're pretty damn light.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I surprised more people aren't talking about Sam running Spesh tires this year.
I've ridden the Specy single ply 2.3 and it was sticky as shit. The side knobs were really too soft I reckon, but there's lots of them, they seem to have not folded with my light weight and soft cornering. Hate to see what Sam or the bigger boys would do on them. The side walls did seem to make the tyres squirm if run at sub 25psi(maybe the knobs where bending also). I'd run a double ply Specialized tyre, do they make them?Edit-They do, I just checked, but are they UST? The 2.3 I tried was the same width as a 2.5 Minion. I only rode them on hardpack.
Are the DH Geax double ply?
Here's the english link for the lazy http://www.geax.com/vedit/pagina.asp~pagina~1904

Last edited:

Jason B

Likes Bikes
They are made in Thialand in the same factory as Vittoria tires, Vittoria make some of the best tyres in the world, so the casing construction and rubber compounds should be world class and much better than a Maxis of Kenda.

Havent seen the actual design he will be using or heard anything about the spec so we will have to wait and see.

But you can be asssured that they could be good espeshially if the bean counters actually let them make a tyre without restrictions.

Normally most mountain bike tyres are built down to price, to build a MTB tyre with a top end casing just costs too much and blows the price out, and people will not buy them.:cool:

just read something on litter saying the athertons will be on geax tires this year.
havnt heard much about them, anyone know how they perform.

there DH tire range
http://www.geax.com/vedit/pagina.asp~pagina~1904