Athurs Seat / Mornington Peninsula MTB proposal

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

I know this is located somewhere else on RB, however it is a little hidden so I thought it could do with more promotion...

Red Hill Riders on the Mornington Peninsula have been working extremely hard in recent years (understatement) to get formalised trails in the area, and for those who have yet to visit, this has the potential to be an absolute mecca for our sport!

The formal proposal has just opened for submissions of the Parks Vic. site - http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/arthurs-seat-state-park/plans-and-projects/arthurs-seat-sp-mountain-bike-network - so I encourage everyone to get on there and help us with some positive input to get some more awesome trails happening in the Melb. metro area to compliment what we already have in Youies and Lysterfield...

Thanks to the RB community in advance for the help I know you will provide!

Zam

Likes Dirt
Certainly will, been meaning to get down there for a ride when heading to the MIL place, gives me a reason to get away....

Optic

Likes Dirt
Definitely going to head down there myself one week soon. Where's best place to park for the trails?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Definitely going to head down there myself one week soon. Where's best place to park for the trails?
The currently-unofficial trailhead is a little parking bay on Arthurs Seat Rd about 100 metres west of Main Creek Rd (semi-big intersection, can't miss it), on the north side. There's a fracking big brand new concrete water tank there too, so you can't miss it. Nothing is signposted in a MTB sense, just the walking/fire trails, 'cos it's all still "informal", so just keep your eyes peeled off to the sides of the fire tracks. There is also an extensive roadside trail network (shared equestrian use), which is being developed in conjunction with Mornington Peninsula Shire Council. That network is not covered under this particular proposal, as it's not under Parks management. You can find your way onto these trails from the parking area too. :smile:

It doesn't take much of your time to read through the Discussion Paper and leave your thoughts on the survey. Very exciting if it goes ahead. I joined the Red Hill Riders just to feel like I was contributing in a way, but the whole Arthurs Seat mtb experience always leaves me wondering whether I'm breaking the rules riding around in there?? Look forward to it going ahead hopefully, and getting more involved with the club.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Done. I hope this goes ahead. Good to see Leachy on the front page of that Discussion paper as well! :thumb:

Note: Little Leachy was beating him!:gossip:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Done. There is a nice network of parks/locations cropping up a reasonable distance from Melbourne which is good for choice and variety.

Thanks for all your work on this.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
This has been a bit quiet for a while, but here's a quick little update: To all intents & purposes the Arthurs Seat State park trails are now officially recognised!!!!!! :whoo::cheer2:

The Red Hill Riders trail crew have been flat out getting bits up to scratch, and signage will start being placed in coming weeks, leading to some sort of grand opening early in the new year.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Great stuff guys, will make it way easy to go exploring when the wife is down at Rosebud visiting the Mother in Law, ill be able to get away for a bit of riding.....

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
That's awesome news.
Do you know if there will be a potential trial map drawn up at some stage also?
As a geography geek I like studying trial maps of places before I ride them.
Helps to find your bearings whilst riding around also.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Great news. Congratulations to everyone who no doubt put in shitloads of works.

Looking forward to going for a spin down that way!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I think there may be trail maps on the way, but don't know any details. The main priority has been recognition & opening of the trails, with niceties such as maps following when circumstances allow.

dl79

Likes Dirt
I think there may be trail maps on the way, but don't know any details. The main priority has been recognition & opening of the trails, with niceties such as maps following when circumstances allow.
Maps will be released once signage is completed. The delivery of signage is due before xmas and then the task of installing it needs to be completed before maps are released along with a grand opening.....

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Maps will be released once signage is completed. The delivery of signage is due before xmas and then the task of installing it needs to be completed before maps are released along with a grand opening.....
Terrific news and thanks for the update.
Super stoked about this news.
Does this have any impact on the proposed arthurs seat development or potential injection of funds for the local government to help with the maintenance and potential new trail development in the future?