Athurs Seat / Mornington Peninsula MTB proposal

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Excellent work RHR. This is a great example of how progressive Victoria is in making MTB facilities accessible!

OT

Likes Dirt
Maps will be released once signage is completed. The delivery of signage is due before xmas and then the task of installing it needs to be completed before maps are released along with a grand opening.....
Well done RHR. You've been very persistent and patient with this, it seems like it's been a long time since word of a mtb park was first mentioned.

Does this include eaton's DH trails and the AM trails that are near the old quarry?

omac

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately the Eatons DH stuff isn't within the parks boundary's, the only glimmer of hope is that the land owner sells it to the shire...

nmw

Likes Bikes
Maps will be released once signage is completed. The delivery of signage is due before xmas and then the task of installing it needs to be completed before maps are released along with a grand opening.....
Any update on progress? Pretty keen to get down that way soon and a map would be awesome (especially for a topographic overlay).

Can't wait to see all the hard work!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Trail signage has started going in, but there's still a bit to go (I think it's about 25% marked so far). Once all the trail signs are in, there are a couple of trailhead signs with more detail (including a trail map) to go in at top & bottom of the park. Printed maps will be released once the signage is completed, but I don't know the timeline for that yet.

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Trail signage has started going in, but there's still a bit to go (I think it's about 25% marked so far). Once all the trail signs are in, there are a couple of trailhead signs with more detail (including a trail map) to go in at top & bottom of the park. Printed maps will be released once the signage is completed, but I don't know the timeline for that yet.
have they built new trails or are the still using the cutting ?

danncam

Likes Dirt
I rode with the RHR social group Sunday and impressed with the trails. They are working on a more "all mountain" trail to replace some of "pins and needles". Some of tracks are now one way. The red hill bunch are nice people who are really pulling the while shebang together.
That said the lift and potential downhill tracks under aurthers seat sound like the are on the back burner for now until the red hill trail park is all bedded down.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
have they built new trails or are the still using the cutting ?
I'm assuming you're referring to Eatons Cutting. The trails in that section technically still don't exist.... That's all quarry land, not State Park. I believe there is some trail work going on in there but I don't know specifics. Not the least 'cos that bit is more DH and I'm not nuts enough to ride that....

Most of the trails in the State Park (that is the section this thread is particularly about) have been around for several years but there is some newer stuff as well, and some still to be built.

nmw

Likes Bikes
Awesome! Sure all the hard work's going to be worth it real soon.

Busby

Squid
Went for a ride out there for the first time yesterday, signs look great and the trails are amazing. Can't wait to see what happens there in the future. Great work RHR

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
As posted in the thread over in the Watering Hole subforum, we now have a map!!! :dance:

Also, the "official" opening is tomorrow, Sunday May 17th. Meet at Red Hill Consolidated School for 8:20 rollout. :smile:

Ideate

What sort of tracks are opening?

Are there any fun flowy DH tracks? Jumps? Shuttles? Or are these XC?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
They're XC, but plenty of fun to be had on longer bikes too. Just be aware that you have to get yourself back to the top.