ATT: Trek Remedy / Slash & Specialized Enduro riders - New shock upgrade option

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Bringing this back to life..
Anyone out there with a 2013 S-Works Enduro that has a shock installed other than the CC and what their experience was getting it fitted?
I had a look on the CC site, says "Note: This bike takes custom-made shocks. Custom DBAIR is part #BAD0263. DBAIR-CS is BAD0611"
The measurement is 216mm x 63mm (8.5in 2.5in)
I've read through this and I see Jaredp has installed a Rockshox Monarch, I haven't really come across with any others.
I've also been told that the new Ohlin shock from the 2016 would work, but can't seem to find a price on one of those and I assume it's going to be expensive as.

Cheers for the input

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
Bringing this back to life..
Anyone out there with a 2013 S-Works Enduro that has a shock installed other than the CC and what their experience was getting it fitted?
I had a look on the CC site, says "Note: This bike takes custom-made shocks. Custom DBAIR is part #BAD0263. DBAIR-CS is BAD0611"
The measurement is 216mm x 63mm (8.5in 2.5in)
I've read through this and I see Jaredp has installed a Rockshox Monarch, I haven't really come across with any others.
I've also been told that the new Ohlin shock from the 2016 would work, but can't seem to find a price on one of those and I assume it's going to be expensive as.

Cheers for the input
Your only options are the Cane Creek DB air, Cane Creek DB inline (which I have and love on my E29), the upcoming ohlins (expect it to be exe), the RockShox Monarch Plus and the FOX Float Performance DPS (which comes on the Enduro Comp model).

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Your only options are the Cane Creek DB air, Cane Creek DB inline (which I have and love on my E29), the upcoming ohlins (expect it to be exe), the RockShox Monarch Plus and the FOX Float Performance DPS (which comes on the Enduro Comp model).
I've got the CCDB Air that came with it, interesting on the CCDB Inline, on the site, it says it doesn't fit!
I'll look into the RockShox Monarch Plus - I assume if using this shock, it's going to be fiddly with installation? (My LBS will install it, but always good to know)

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
I've got the CCDB Air that came with it, interesting on the CCDB Inline, on the site, it says it doesn't fit!
I'll look into the RockShox Monarch Plus - I assume if using this shock, it's going to be fiddly with installation? (My LBS will install it, but always good to know)
The DB inline certainly fits. I bought it direct from Cane Creek. It's not fiddly at all, well my DB inline wasn't. It really was a matter of let out air pressure, unscrewing two bolts, pull out old shock, put in new shock, screw back the two bolts, pressurise. Done.