Attempt at attaining DropIn

Ghost

Likes Dirt
This may well have been done on these forums before (if so I apologise), but it wouldn't hurt doing it again.

I know there are a lot of you who want to see some decent MTB programs on TV. I'm kind of crazy about them too, so I emailed the DropIn production mob and asked what would be the best way of going about things. Apparentally they are currently pushing for DropIn to air on one of the ESPN channels stateside and they suggested that mailing ESPN for our little corner of the world would be our best play.

I found a contact page for ESPN International and thought it would be great to post it here as well in order to drum up some more support. Don't think you can't make a difference, every bit of support helps!

Handy ESPN International Contact Form Here

Rik

logged out
A suggestion, if people can be bothered, is to get their postal address and send letters.
Emails are too easy to read and delete, but if you write a letter, it shows you're putting effort in, and they pay a bit more attention to it.

neko

Likes Dirt
Don't get me wrong, I love drop in. I have the first series on DVD and I can't wait to see the new series but there isn't a network in Aus that's going to show it. There are just too many other fringe sports with bigger fan basses. They're all asking to get their shows on tv and even the bigger ones have no luck.

We get little bits but a network won't commit to a 13 eppisode series.

It's unfortunate but untill all the lawn bowlers die, there aint going to be much MTB on tv.
Not to say that I won't be extatic if it does show up.
I'll send an e-mail just in case 8)

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Ordinarily I would agree with you, but if they manage to get it on ESPN in the states (which is currently a realistic goal apparently), we have a far greater chance of getting it over here too.

Easy as hell form to fill out so I don't see why we shouldn't take the 3.5 seconds to do so.

With regard to emails being deleted and possibly carrying less weight than snail mail - that's getting to be a thing of the past now. Big businesses take electronic feedback just as seriously as the original kind. They would be fools if they didn't. After all, we're living in the digital age.

kranked

Likes Dirt
there used to be some mountain bike action on the X factor on channel ten but thats not on i dont think anymore, i think everyone on farkin should send an email to maybe channel ten ( i think they would do it over 9 or 7) or to cable television and just gun them untill they are sick of emails, might aswell try,

kranked

Likes Dirt
some one should organise an email and find out who the best person to send it to in the television business, and then everyone should put there name at the bottom and just keep sending them.

anyother suggestions, ????

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at. There are enough people on these boards to make quite a difference if everyone gets involved.

The contact I found for ESPN is our best bet for cable, so if someone could get a Channel 10 contact email, it would be quite beneficial I think.

Just gotta keep on the back of these network types... :)

kranked

Likes Dirt
how would we get a channel ten contact email, on the site???, then it can be posted up on the news section, and everyone can just sign it at the bottom, just like the sbs national champs thingo to air, a month a go.

there is over a thousand people on this forum, so that would be mad if everyone could do that.