ATTN: Whistler - MEGA Day (grand slam)

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
REAL late notice but we've got a mega-runs day planned for whistles tomorrow. Every track on the official track guide run in one day. It totals 10 lower hill runs and 7 garbo runs so a grand total of approx 24 runs. Estimated run time is 9 hours 10 minutes...the lifts are open for 10 hours.

Meet at GBB at 0915am, pm me (i'll check before i leave) for a heads up. Note that we won't be waiting if you're late vise ve (sic) hours open.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jeebus! youll be smashed!!
youll need to do the techy fockers first, or youll smash yourself!!

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
jeebus! youll be smashed!!
youll need to do the techy fockers first, or youll smash yourself!!
don't worry, it's been planned out pretty strategically...and yeah, we're gunna be SO Smashed. My current best is 12 runs in a day...it, to put it bluntly, is gunna kill me (and my bike the poor dear).

Hobzai

Likes Bikes
GO ON SON! That sounds like a plan and a half. Good luck, hope you get it all in. :D

At least tell us how you're going to start off the first few runs...

Ryan

Radministrator
If you pull this off it's going to be pretty epic. On one hand, I hope you knock out the Garbo laps first. On the other, I doubt the ability of any man to handle 7 full laps back-to-back.

Break a leg (in the luck for actors way, not the actual snapped femur way)!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
don't worry, it's been planned out pretty strategically...and yeah, we're gunna be SO Smashed. My current best is 12 runs in a day...it, to put it bluntly, is gunna kill me (and my bike the poor dear).
May the force be with you!:D You'll need it!:D

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
We failed miserably :eek::)

We put in a fair effort though, started at 0930 and finished up around 6ish and the weather was pretty strumptuous - warm and sunny at the bottom, then pissing down rain, then absolute brass monkey at the top of garbo...crazy. The whole of garbo was slop and soaking... In the end I pulled the plug as I was about to fall off my bike with exhaustion and the others conceded. All up we knocked over 34 different tracks with a whole bunch repeated. I should note the to get her done we were trying to knock off all the tracks listed in the official track guide...there are more out there but it's hard to document and tick them off (Renegade, Shale Master, The Manager etc etc)

A-Line race was on also which knocked our end total about - we could have had another five tracks ticked off in the same amount of runs if certain tracks weren't closed (Aline upper/lower/old school/hornet etc).

All up I think we did 4 lower hills (all the hard stuff up front - new canadian open, rock city, joyride etc) then 6 consecutive garbo's including a run from the roundhouse and the finished off with the super stupid french connection/clown shoes...I was chainless by then and hike-a-biked most of it - clown shoes is genuinely the hardest track on the hill, especially in the wet...i'd give it a triple black rating. Interestingly it looked like it hadn't been ridden in the last coupla weeks at all :eek: I think doing the sums we still needed 4 more lower hills and at least one more garbo...the plus being that the lower hill runs the we missed are nearly all green which means you could just about roll them with your eyes shut.

It's definitely possible though - non-crankworx line-ups would be a plus and then you pretty much need to finish a run and then get back on the lift, 1/2hr for lunch and the rest of the time is eaten up doing necessary mechanicals and just plain ole resting.

Even so it was an epically rad day - run of the day (suprisingly as I was dreading it the most) was O-Sin, Goats Gully, Captain Safety, Fatcrobat, Too Tight, Angry Pirate to bottom in the PISSING DOWN RAIN. It was super cold at the top...the liftie almost missed our bikes as no one had been up for nearly half an hour. That added to the experience a little as it felt like (and we genuinely did) have the whole of Garbo to ourselves. Also doing rough sums we think with 6 garbos and 5 lowers we'd be looking at roughly 24000 vertical feet of descent covered today...awesome :D

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should have bailed whistler while shitfightworx was on, we were riding sunpeaks for 3 days with 6 people on the hill including us and now in silver star with maybe 15 people on the hill. My bike sounds like a bucket of bolts rolling down the hill :D

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Should have bailed whistler while shitfightworx was on, we were riding sunpeaks for 3 days with 6 people on the hill including us and now in silver star with maybe 15 people on the hill. My bike sounds like a bucket of bolts rolling down the hill :D
Damn jealous JDA......Damn jealous!:D

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
nah... not at all. You ride whistler for 4 or 5 days and you've seen it all. You ride whistler when crankworx is on though and yeah you have to put up with lines and a few of the tracks are flogged but you get a ride plus show. Doing a lift up and watching lacondeguy do a massive canned backy or mcaul busting an epic wallride to corked 3'O in the boneyard, or dropping in behind a WC rider on your fave track....i'll trade that for a few tracks at a random resort with zero riders (ie atmosphere)...any day of the week.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah... not at all...
Harsh but true - even on the busiest day in the park - where over 2,400 individual riders were on the hill (one of the biggest days ever at the park if I'm not wrong) - I still managed to get as many runs as I desired.

Garbo zone was virtually empty due to squids having difficulty riding the muddy roots... I was in heaven :D (just ask Scotty Beefs - he couldn't drag me out of 'In Deep')

Getting every track on the hill is definately possible - there'd even be time for unamed secrets at the end of the day if you had the energy...

Gripo

Eats Squid
So the 50mtrs of elevation/920mtrs of run out BW way weren't enough to prepare you MrT for the throws of Whistler......