Aussie DH bike builder: I-track

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
he lives in inner Sydney there was an article on him and a few others in either revo or flow mag a little while ago I cant remember which mag it was

tatems

Likes Bikes
Actually he lives in Adelaide. The track is Windies Point at Belair, there's a couple of vids from various people on Youtube.

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
He was just at interbike seeing if someone was keen on the design and i hope there was a company there which bought an engineer and not a marketer. Cause a lot of people would just look and think that the idler is there to accommodate just the high pivot and not understand that it also moves and adjusts the chain line. This can allow a frame designer to tune the chain anti squat independently of the frame anti squat and not be limited to a pivot placement ( virtual or actual) that are constrained by a conventional chain line. I see this could benefit low pivot designs as well by increasing chain anti squat to make up for there relative low frame anti squat and give them a stronger pedal platform (without hamstringing the bump adsorbing of the shock with high compression) at a only particular zone in the travel. With the rise of 1x front chain rings maybe its the right time for the industry to evolve our beloved machines beyond making them " lighter and stiffer" and making sure more watts make it to the rear wheel without compromising the shock.

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
I like the look of it, the fact its steel and the fact it works. Im thinking thou even with a great system it just won't see the backing it needs, just like K-9 Industries that bike is meant to be incredible and eats up tracks for breakfast but didnt really see the light of day.

Word is there is a new ali frame in the making but yet to see or hear anything.

You have my word if I win the lotto one day you'll see a world cup team with 1 or 2 top 10 rider on board a K-9 or this.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have had a carpark bounce around on a K9. It was fun.

I have nothing more to add.

He's Riding Windies

The track starts where Kalyra Avenue joins Belair Road, It splits into two parts and one ends at the Lynton CFS station, the other comes out near the Lynton 4X track. the one that ends at CFS station comes to a DJ/BMX dirt park? what ever it is. Anyway, Im from the area, hope I helped.
Cheers Lads

P.S. its in Belair, South Hills Region of Adelaide

Last edited: