Austria - MTB tours/bike hire...?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My brother and I are taking our Dad back home to Germany for a few weeks next year, and I want to do some riding in Austria.

Anyone got any ideas on how to sift through all the tour companies etc...? I wont be taking a bike with me, so want something where I can rock up for a couple of days, get given a good bike and gear and then shuttled to the top.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Most of the bike parks in Austria have decent hire fleets and chair lifted access to the mountains of course, this will give you the biggest bang for buck but obviously depends on what type of riding you want to do and what mode of transport you will have to get from place to place, are you driving down from Germany?

EDIT: If your hiring bikes don't forget to remember that they run their brakes reverse to us over here, I took some clients for runs at Petzen last year and one of them figured this out the hard way.

EDIT: TrailForks will give you a fair idea of all the decent riding areas, maybe start by finding some bucketlist trails and then asking the tour companies if they operate on those.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe hire an ebike? They're pretty big in Europe and you'll save on shuttle/lift fees. Plus(!!!) you'll be on trend.