Auto Alley Majura and boy wonder

Bucket Master

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Hey Folks

Met with PCL today (Majura land managers). There have been some really dodgy jumps built on Auto Alley. Built from rotting logs, crappy dirt and crossing the Auto Alley track. If anyone knows who is doing this 'work' please ask them to stop.

I am advised that the jumps will be pulled down by PCL in the next day or so and the tools stashed near by removed.

and to the tools who built another DH crossing boy wonder, it is not cool to cut other tracks, kind of like tagging on another persons piece. If you are going to build, get permission from PCL and plan your work, don't just smash and go

AB

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
Thats a stupid thing to do.. the building of the jumps, that is

Just a quick question.. is the land that majura sits on classed as a national park, act park, public land, etc or what??

Last edited:

Icky

Squid
Land status is available here: www.actmapi.act.gov.au or via the Terrritory Plan 2008 and the National Capital Plan. Majura (where we all love riding) is rural block 698. The native forest known as Mt Majura Nature Reserve (Block 1336 Canberra Central), is funnily enough, Nature Reserve and protected under ACT and Federal Legislation - thus the big hoo-haa about only riding on "formed trails" in Nature Reserves.

Access to areas that are plantation forestry is via a generous agreement with Parks Conservation and Lands (PCL) Department of Territory and Municipal Services. If they find thier assets (the forest) being misused or abused they can and will restrict access. The diplomatic and emotionally intelligent players at CORC have been playing a fine balancing game with this for the past 15 years (the forest has been intended for harvest for about this long). It's better for all users to play nice and play by the rules. I get the feeling that the gubmint doesn't give a sniff about the $5 per rider per event for the use of thier assets...

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Folks, CORC trails are currently looking at what work needs doing at Majura. If you have ideas for things that are presently missing that you think we ought to incorporate into the network can you please PM me?

Thanks,

Last edited: