avanti

Macr

Likes Dirt
Not too bad. I am still a bit hooked on the Kona Satori and the new Transition 29er.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I'm also surprised that there's no KISS.. I was hoping to pick up a SS 29er in the second half of the year for commuting so might have to focus on a run-out 2011. (or unit, or monocog etc etc)

I guess i'll have to keep an eye out on the for-sale forums as well!

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's no need for this thread to turn into a "Giant" argument. Giant are the kings of value, but they're not for everyone :)

Let's keep it about the Avanti 2012 offerings.:02.47-tranquillity:

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look good as far as spec and tubing goes. Avanti are building the product range they need to be a serious player in the market, and good luck to them I say.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm actually looking forward to checking out their more budget 29 hardtails like the Montari or Aggressor. As a training & fitness bike on the local trails one of these'd be more than sufficient with a few little drivetrain upgrades off the 9 speed 26" rigid and slightly bent bitsa that I'm currently steering in this role. Especially since Giant has released specs/RRP on the Talon 29er as has Merida on the (ugly but 10spd) Big Nine TFS 500D....it'll be a nice comparison to have to make!!

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
I'm actually looking forward to checking out their more budget 29 hardtails like the Montari or Aggressor. As a training & fitness bike on the local trails one of these'd be more than sufficient with a few little drivetrain upgrades off the 9 speed 26" rigid and slightly bent bitsa that I'm currently steering in this role. Especially since Giant has released specs/RRP on the Talon 29er as has Merida on the (ugly but 10spd) Big Nine TFS 500D....it'll be a nice comparison to have to make!!
The hard tail Avanti 29ers start around $600 with mechanical disc brakes, with a $300 step-up to the next model with hydraulics.

Don't look too bad either, (have seen them in the flesh)

Roland