Avid Elixer 5's and Codes

Dinga 2319

Likes Bikes
Hey people,
Im looking at running Elixer 5's on my trials bike because my mates have them and they provide great stopping power. Would the Avid Codes be as good as the Elixer 5's?
Does anyone have an oppinion about either of these brakes?
And would they be really that much better than juicy 3's?

cheers

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
codes will give you a fair bit more power.
the elixirs wil modulate better, not really something you want on a trials bike.
and they both will be much much more noticable difference in performance than juicy threes

What frame are you going to run them on? Trials rear discs often equal frame snappage. That said, i have a bt 7 and am about to try out a code 5 rear(code caliper/juicy lever). I'll post up when i've ridden it a bit.

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
What frame are you going to run them on? Trials rear discs often equal frame snappage. That said, i have a bt 7 and am about to try out a code 5 rear(code caliper/juicy lever). I'll post up when i've ridden it a bit.
I would think for trials hydro rim brakes would be better, expecially on the back? I have my magura's setup with a booster and the work fantastic.

Just trying to decide how a disc could equal snappage on a trials frame. Rim brakes is understandable, hence the booster.

Dinga 2319

Likes Bikes
im going to run the discs on a bionic B4R.
to make rim brakes work uve gotta grind ur rim and over time thw wheel will weaken.
i rekon ill run juicy 3's on it.