avids cable discs

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
has anybody upgraded to hydros and got some avid cable disc brakes hanging around???

need to support 6bolt rotors and international standard mounts - don't mind whether 6inch, 7inch or 8inch rotors

cheers

CHEWY

Eats Squid
does it have to be avid... i still havnt decided but im pretty sure im gonna get Armor hydros.... ill sell u the Hayes HMX-1 off my bike... there 1 month old.

brakes

I have some deore cable discs with Avid levers. All there with 6 '" rotors. Interested $50 plus postage

Stinkydan

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grip said:
tomorrow morning we get the first shipment of their new cable disc brakes in our hot little hands. Getting them mainly for our new Disc Conversion Package (for non-disc frames obviously) but unless I've done my figures VERY badly we can sell the Armour mechs for less than $170 for the pair...
You can't beet that price, i'd be giving them a go.
www.gripsport.com.au

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
chewy - i don't mind really what type - would love a pair of avids - but beggars can't be choosers can they!! - hayes are pretty good too - how much did you want for the HMX-1???

stinkydan - what model are the shimano's? BR-M475? or BR-M515??

Gutty - yeah i saw the post from Grip before - but I can't find any reviews on these brakes so i am a little cautious...if someone says they are the bomb then i will pick up a set

i have looked at reviews about hayes hmx-1 - many people love em, some people hate em - most say avids are way to go

CHEWY

Eats Squid
my hayes work great... although after the race at rob roy all the mud somehow made the rear a bit less powerful... i have no idea why. but it still works fine.
id be interesed in about $220 maybe a bit less

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Hey sprucas, can understand your caution, but I think we've got the first shipment into the country of the Armor mechs so no reviews as yet (they do LOOK good if that helps at all haha)

A set left for the Farkin office this afternoon though... keep watch for their review.

Cheers... and thanks Gutty