"Awaiting Customs Clearance" parcelforce status on order from CRC

NoogiE

Likes Dirt
Dudes,

anyone had this before with an order from CRC? I sure hope it doesnt take long to clear customs, need my shit for youies shuttle day this weekend!!!

Here's the tracking so far

Parcel tracks

Date Time Location Tracking Event
25-05-2009 11:50 Delivery Agent - MELBOURNE - PTT Awaiting Customs Clearance
25-05-2009 11:49 Delivery Agent - MELBOURNE - PTT Arrived in destination country
23-05-2009 12:35 International Hub Despatched from hub
23-05-2009 02:39 International Hub Left origin country
23-05-2009 01:04 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
22-05-2009 11:55 Belfast Central Depot On route to hub
22-05-2009 00:00 WDM Online

Ryan

Radministrator
Normally it's the other way around for Parcelforce; stuck interminably in Belfast awaiting Customs clearance to leave Ireland.

If it's stuck in Melbourne give them a call, quote the tracking number and ask them what the hell's going on.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Look at the time line. It only got in the country today.

Customs clearance is SOP. Should be in your mitts in the next few days.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
I've had the 'customs clearance' show up on some and not on others. It seems to make no difference. They all arrive at my local PO the next business day.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Never had that on mine.
Not that it mattered, it took AusPost 3 days to get it from the hub to me, and only 3 days for it to get here from Belfast!
Keep an eye on it, but give it another 24 hours before you get shitty.

NoogiE

Likes Dirt
Yeah, just freaking out that it'll get stuck for a few days. I'll give it another 24 hours.

Got a torque wrench and a bottom bracket in there. Youies shuttle day will really suck without a BB :p

dan-492

Likes Dirt
hey mate, did you happen to order more than $1000 worth of gear? if so, customs will initially think you are an importer. When my dad ordered some stuff overseas a few years back, they rang him to check it was for him personally before they released it. not sure if its the same in your case, but hope you get your stuff soon.

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
everything goes through customs, doesnt usually mean they are holding your parsel. every order i have had from CRC says awaiting clearence. It will most likely stay there until tomorrow as most of my stuff has usually taken 24hrs to clear.

Last edited:

wittman13

Likes Dirt
Unless you have ordered over $1000 you will be fine. On the orders that I have, it clears customs in about an hour, then is straight to the delivery agent. I hope this is the case for your parcel.

You should get it first thing tomorrow.

rayza

Likes Dirt
as stated before, if yur order is under $1000, you should be fine..? if it is over, your likely to be charged import duty and the item will not be released from customs until you have paid.

Hud

Likes Dirt
Customs

A year ago I got some wheels from the states, $1030AU. Didn't give the customs issue much thought and was shocked when I received the customs papers in the mail. I filled them out and posted them back, worried at the delay and thinking about all the extra $$$ I was going to get slugged.
A day later I had a guy from customs ring and say that although my package was over the $1000 limit they were letting it go through.
I thanked them profusely and the next day my wheels arrived.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
customs checks all pakages that come into or leave australia. it is the same fore every other counrty. they bassicly check that your not smuggerling things in/out. every now and then they will open it up to check that the delceration that was signed is truthful. when that happens you know by the tape that is used to reseal the box, and by the little card that was left in there.

usually it will take a day, two days tops(depending on the backlog of freight) to clear, so only get worried if it takes a week.

be happy that they put awaiting customs clearance in bcuase it is in AUS and nearly to you.

as people have said its cool under 1K but over it you have to pay for 10%(the GST component).

NoogiE

Likes Dirt
yay, its all good, took about 12 hours to clear customs. Its just strange that I've never seen it before (done 3 orders in the past, all under about $800 including this one).

disaster averted. ride on.

Thanks for all the replies