ay-up batteries... problems?

rayza

Likes Dirt
hello rotorburnians. I've got a set of ayups that i've had for probly just over a year now, and i have an issue with one of my 3 hour batteries - it's only lasting around 20 minutes. this battery has not seen alot of use, approx once a month, and has not been stored while flat. has anyone else had such a problem? and had any help from ayup about it? i have not contacted them yet but will do shortly. thanks
Ray

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Have you left the battery plugged into a light for any period? 1day plus?
There is a slight current draw while plugged in even if the switch is off.

rayza

Likes Dirt
yeah, its always plugged in except when charging. it would of been almost 2 months since its last use, and was plugged in for that time. Though seeing as the battery was charged i thought nothing of it. thanks for the reply - interesting. I dont see how there can be current draw with an open circuit though..?

niftydog

Likes Dirt
The physical switch doesn't actually disconnect the battery - educated guess is that there's a "solid state relay" which actually switches the main current. So yeah, tmc_2 is right. However, having the lights plugged in shouldn't make a difference to the 'standby' current.

There's a comprehensive battery FAQ on the Ayup site.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...i have not contacted them yet but will do shortly. thanks
Ray
I'm a bit Johnny-come-lately here ^^^^. But I'd always suggest contacting the manufacturer before posting on forums. Give them a chance to sort things out.

As far as Ay-Up batteries go, mine are 2 years old and going strong!

rayza

Likes Dirt
I'm a bit Johnny-come-lately here ^^^^. But I'd always suggest contacting the manufacturer before posting on forums. Give them a chance to sort things out.

As far as Ay-Up batteries go, mine are 2 years old and going strong!
your right, i should of contacted ayup first, but i will say, i was in no way whatsoever putting any sort of opinion on the product. i love my ayup lights. i was simply looking to see if there was others out there who have come accross the same issue.

i will also add that so far, matt-dog @ ayup has impressed me greatly already in the customer service provided.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
your right, i should of contacted ayup first, but i will say, i was in no way whatsoever putting any sort of opinion on the product. i love my ayup lights. i was simply looking to see if there was others out there who have come accross the same issue.

i will also add that so far, matt-dog @ ayup has impressed me greatly already in the customer service provided.
Yer sorry I've just had a bad day to the max and was looking for a cheap flame...

Out...

rayza

Likes Dirt
I would like to mention here that the issue has been sorted, and Matt @ ay-up has proven that their customer service is just as awesome as their lights.
thanks matt-dog.