Baby on the way.

Tacky Monster

Likes Dirt
I now remember, my husband went to a bucks party 4 hours from home 2 weeks before the due date of our second baby. It actually didn't worry me. We farmed off child no. one and I got to have a relaxing weekend at home watching dvd's.

Last edited:

dadsgirl

Likes Bikes
My Hubby was out on the bike when I gave birth to twins. In this case though he was delivering the mail and it all happened so fast that he never made it to the hospital. He was present for our other 3 children but still says the feeling was just as good to be told that he had 2 healthy, beautiful baby girls.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
For what it's worth there is no way, having been at the birth of my two kids, that I would go to the race. For my boy, first one born, I got to catch him (with help) and cut the cord.

There is no greater feeling than to see something that you helped create come into the world.

Good luck with everything...

jimnobob

Likes Bikes
My dad arranged our first biking holiday with me, my bother, sister and friends 6 weeks before the birth of my little sister. On the morning of our departure my mum's waters broke. What would you do?

Well my dad took my mum to hospital, dropped her off and then came home so we could go off on our ride. When we got to our destination we rang the hospital to discover we had a new addition to the family.

I still find it bizarre when I think about this even if things were a little different 30 years ago.

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
If you decide to risk it, its your own choise.
BUT
Now you have to tell your kid when he is a bit older that you felt a bike race was more important then his birth :p

Its on your shoulders now :rolleyes:

jean5614

Likes Dirt
Would it be wrong to go to a 24 hour race in another state only 3 weeks before the due date of your first child? My wife is pregnant, not me. If it is wrong, just how wrong?
You can proudly show your child this thread in years to come, he or she will understand your angst.:cool:

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
My wife and I just had a baby girl ~10 days ago, I was asking the doctor the position of the baby at each appointment, from there she'd give me an approximation of the likelihood of birth in the next few days. In the end, our first baby was born on her due date, which none of would have guessed! I'm just glad I didn't go to Phillip Island for the MotoGP races! Three weeks before the birth you should be fine, just have a plan in place for canceling if your OB/GYN gives you the red light due to the position of the bub.

Slowpoke

Likes Dirt
I found out I was pregnant five weeks out from my first 24solo. Initial disappointment was brief. Timing was appalling and I thought I would never be able find time to train again. I finally did it this year, three years on.

Childbirth is a bit like a 24 (in my case a 30). What makes a 24 harder is that you know you can stop any time you like.

If you will allow me to give you some gratuitous advice: if want to continue to nick off for several weekends a year to race and then be useless to your young family for the next week, make sure you take the kids away regularly for weekends. Make sure she gets the same amount of time to her thing.

Also, buy a kiddie trailer. It will improve your climbing out of sight.