Baby seat for Scott Ransom?

Weird question, but does anyone know if I can fit some sort of baby seat to this bike?
Not the trailer type but onboard type.
Baby is about 10 months old 10kg.
bike.JPG

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
10 month old.....baby seat.....dual suspension.....:faint2:
You've got to be trolling...

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wee-ride. Run it on my Blur, no worries, but your head tube looks like it might be a little tight for space.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
You'll need about 10mm worth of spacers if you've got enough steerer. You'll need to put your seat up too.

Edit: obviously no bumps at 10 months. Baby's neck not yet developed.

Last edited:

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Whats your rear axle? if 10x135mm you could run a trailer. To me that looks like your only option.

Personally, I'd be on the lookout for a cheap Shogun Trail Breaker or similar. Keep your trail bike for yourself. Adding 15kgs of baby plus seat etc ain't no fun on a LT dualie.

Danny B

Likes Dirt
I rode my Tracer back from the bike shop with my son in a MacPac Possum on my back, a little while back. Worked quite well - my son thought it was a hoot. Mind you, I was riding at walking pace on the footpath. I certainly wouldn't endorse this.

I really think having a dedicated family bike / beater is the way to go.

And Yepp seats are great.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I though nzhumpy's baby seat looked very promising.
Better than promising, although the Weeride is usually on a 29r it has been run on a Yeti dually.

I reckon that there's enough headtube to mount to without having to resort to spacers.

Last edited: