back on the bike & needin a hand

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
The stuff i told you about is pretty much xc, however just don't tell yourself that whilst you are riding and you'll be fine! :p
That's fine by me, riding is riding none the less! I'm sure I'll find a way to make it a little bit more EXXXXTREEEEME. Like I'll wear my helmet backwards and do bunny hops n stuff

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
boo.

Other stuff's taking over my life since I came to the ralisation that i will be forever merely average at DH riding...not that i don't still love it but once you fall out of the scene it's hard to get fully back into it bar the odd days of shuttles and singletrack riding.
Still love hitting the trails that have a nice amount of flow to them even if they aren't technical or all that ballsy.

What have I been doing since I stopped riding weekend after weekend?
Uni (science degree with marine ecology major) is underway, lots of scuba diving (mainly cave and wreck diving), still into sports in general, riding my fixy aorund the city to kill time before/after uni and get that riding buzz again (although i'm now dodging buses rather than rockgardens), Telemark skiing (which i get to travel with...a lot...which is awesome) and just generally doing waht uni students do. busy as hell with work and everything else but still like getting out on the bike.

Holidays/end of exams soon...old melbourne crew ride in the city or the like ala 2003??

Last edited:

pike409

Banned
i loved it peachy welcome back mate :)

when you said that you had "a massive smile on your face you had to get the corners out of your eyes"

i smiled just the same because i get that all the time when im riding

Really well done

pike409

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grip, Emerin's name is Carla, not Emma!

TK is kicking around, I saw him in the city a few months ago. He wrote his mobile number on the back of an ODI lock-on box he just happened to have with him...which I promptly lost.

G'day Peachy!

Pete J

loves his dog
That's fine by me, riding is riding none the less! I'm sure I'll find a way to make it a little bit more EXXXXTREEEEME. Like I'll wear my helmet backwards and do bunny hops n stuff
Add a couple of skids and you're set!

bazza

look at me
all that matters is that i'm still here of course. deeerrrrrr. oh yeah fuzzy is still myspace pineapple hair number 1 in WA I think.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
hey i remember you peachy back from my first account on here which got disabled and deleted somehow! welcome back! i got a story pretty similar to yours except i fell in love with a car and don't have a girl :rolleyes:

hopefully i'll be able to sell up my DH comp and get my HT running again. i know what you mean about the DH bike as well. just didnt enjoy it as much, was too expensive to maintain (yeah, says he with a rotary) and if it wasn't all perfect it pretty much sucked. as opposed to the HT which was always fun and there was always somewhere to ride.

anyone got cheaps wheels and headest for sale? (also STP frame?)

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
simo - yeah mate i know how u feel with the not progessing, that was another reason i stopped riding. even thogh i had a big hitter, i wasn't having fun and i thought i was actually slower than before.
cave diving n shiznit man thats crazy. u still got that banshee?
pike - hahaha i get that huge grin even when i rdie to the pie shop for a meat fix.
sxereturn - hahahaha i love your tag. U still at TC's? How long have you and Ben been dating for now?

love love love, i'm doing shuttle runs this weekend in melbourne, some track dunno yet. SOOOO keen. I don't think i'll be able to see the track to clearly, because i'll be smiling so much my small beady asian eyes will be liek "wtf men i's cant sees shit"