Ballarat region- your chance to have a say

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
Hi Everyone,

My company Dirt Art have been engaged by DSE to undertake an audit of the trails in Nerinna, Black Hill and Mt Clear. As part of this process we are undertaking a community consultation to gauge feedback from you guys on local trail management and development. We are hosting a meeting at Quest Ballarat (7-11 Dawson St North Ballarat) this Sunday (27th May) at 4pm. We will also be running an online survey so don't stress if you can't make the meeting- the survey will be out later this week. Apologies for the late notice, but we have been handed this one a bit late in the piece.

We look forward to hearing everyone's feedback so we can put together a strong plan for developing your region into a true MTB hub.

For more info, or if you'd rather raise you issues/opinion privately please contact Simon on 0438 310 984 or simon@dirtart.com.au
Cheers,

Simon French- Director, Dirt Art

moorey

call me Mia
Hope to get there if the wifes isn't working...that said, i'm more into DESTROYING trails (insert maniacal laugh)

You need to make sure that guys like Dale, Paul and Chris form Ballarat Sebastopol Cycling Club are in on this. They spend a hell of a lot of time building and miantaining trails aroung the area. I dont know the ClubMUD team these days, but im sure their finger is on the pulse.

Last edited:

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will Nerrina be built back up to its former freeriding glory with big arse gaps, etc? Or is that going to be too 'insurance liable' incase little Timmy tries it and falls down a mine shaft?

I REALLY need to get a DH bike again! Best of luck with it all, will keep an eye on this space!

moorey

call me Mia
Will Nerrina be built back up to its former freeriding glory with big arse gaps, etc? Or is that going to be too 'insurance liable' incase little Timmy tries it and falls down a mine shaft?

I REALLY need to get a DH bike again! Best of luck with it all, will keep an eye on this space!
I built some of those back in the day. They were never the problem, it was un-sanctioned tree cutting and building by non clubMUDders that caused the problem.
What years were you riding there ? (if early -mid 90's, do i know you?) I'm just returning to the bike after 7 years family hiatus, and can't see myself hitting those big old lines, but its such a great place to race and ride, that i hope the club can resolve the issues.

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
We now have our online survey together- If you live in the area I'd encourage you to have a say. These survey results will go a long way to showing the strong rider interest in the area, which will in turn hopefully translate into improved and new mountain bike experiences. Stand up and be counted, and show those with influence that the region has immense potential for mountain biking. Here's a link to the survey-https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L8L3NS2 Please spread the word.

Cheers,

Simon - Dirt Art

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
One more thing- We've had some frustration from respondents re: limiting answers to a single choice. This was a deliberate tactic to force single priority choices, giving us clearer data and a stronger conclusion when we write up the findings. Apologies for making it hard, but it'll be worth the extra thought involved.

Some great responses so far, please keep it coming and continue to spread the word.

zstreetco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just completed survey - great to see some organisation going into this, GREAT job fellas and ladies

As for when I used to ride Nerrina, was about....'05/06 I think? and maybe a little earlier...but not '90's. Place has huge potential!

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
We've had a great response to our Ballarat region online survey but we'd love to get some more...Come on guys and gals, show the local land managers that you're out there and want new and improved mountain bike opportunities in the region! We'll leave the survey up until 5pm Monday 11th June for you stragglers. Get to it!
Cheers, Simon