Balmain / Rozelle group?

PiE

Likes Bikes
Just moved into Rozelle and saw a rake of riders heading off somewhere early on Sunday morning.

Anybody here involved? Wouldn't mind tagging along in future!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To the OP do you mean a group of riders on MTB's heading somewhere (on their bikes riding) or a carload of them? Being located in the inner suburbs I can't imagine any trails around!

I live in the Inner West and I'd be keen to find more local riders to head out with (car pool etc.)

I don't always have access to the car so lately I've been catching the train up to Hornsby to ride!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I can show you some stuff round the bay ... Also there is potential for some new stuff if people want to help build ... We were talking about this last night ... Can prolly revive some stuff with a few people ... Proper trail I've been told.

ive been procrastinating approaching council to formalise some areas, before we get bushcared out ... Potential for 2 pump tracks and 3x 2 km loops ... Linked by bike path and some road

xc inspired which is uninspiring to many it seems ... I see it as nice training loops for the time poor *shrugs

pm if you would like to pedal around ... I'm near the water at lilyfield

PiE

Likes Bikes
To the OP do you mean a group of riders on MTB's heading somewhere (on their bikes riding) or a carload of them? Being located in the inner suburbs I can't imagine any trails around!
They were riding somewhere, I assume towards the train station.

I was considering training it to Hornsby myself as I also don't have the car 100% of the time.

I can show you some stuff round the bay ... Also there is potential for some new stuff if people want to help build ... We were talking about this last night ... Can prolly revive some stuff with a few people ... Proper trail I've been told.

ive been procrastinating approaching council to formalise some areas, before we get bushcared out ... Potential for 2 pump tracks and 3x 2 km loops ... Linked by bike path and some road

xc inspired which is uninspiring to many it seems ... I see it as nice training loops for the time poor *shrugs
This sounds great... I used to do the fence-line loop around Centennial when I didn't have time to get out, so it would be good to have something similar around here.

Would be keen to help out with build if that goes ahead too. Will drop you a PM.

Cheers guys

Link

Likes Dirt
When daylight savings kicks in I've got plans to revive some old DH sections I found in the trees at Lilyfield (by the bay-run). PM me if interested in joining the urban DH party.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
When daylight savings kicks in I've got plans to revive some old DH sections I found in the trees at Lilyfield (by the bay-run). PM me if interested in joining the urban DH party.
I might also be interested in this.....

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Count me in - I'll drop you a PM!

pm if you would like to pedal around ... I'm near the water at lilyfield
Will talk to you about this Thurs, cheers for the reply's to my emails!

I was considering training it to Hornsby myself as I also don't have the car 100% of the time.
I've caught the train from Summer Hill (where I live) to Hornsby - takes about 45 mins, quicker than driving when traffic is bad! I can let you know next time I head up if you're keen!

Luco

Likes Dirt
Think I find the same trail! Pretty steep, lots of leaves, fair few roots, 3 tiny berms then whoosh to the bottom?
Count me in for sure!

darkhorsefkn

Likes Bikes
Hey guys,

I'm a short ride from the bay run also! I haven't yet found the DH bit but I did show the kids at the BMX track what's up a few times.

Keen to help out with any trackwork taking place in the hood, also keen to tag along for any flavor of mountain biking in the hood.

I'd rather just pop on a helmet and ride out my front door than mess around with racks and traffic and all the faffing about that comes with riding far off trails, so this is just the sort of thing I'm hoping for!

Luco

Likes Dirt
^^^^ inner west is best! It's great living relatively in the middle of Sydney; we can access north, south and Western tracks, but none within half an hours drive. And there's the traffic...

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can someone PM me the exact location of the track off the Bay Run? I might go check it out on my ride home from work!

If you guys are keen we should organise a bit of a build day on the track if it needs some work! Now that daylight savings is just around the corner afternoons may be feasible!

PiE

Likes Bikes
Yea can I get some info on the location too?

I took the dog for a walk down the Bay Run and the only section I could see was a bit of Callan Park towards Victoria Road? Busy area though.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
ive wanted to make it flow a bit nicer ... Even got some sand bags to help with the off camber turn near the tree/pipe. I've never liked the rooty entrance ... Can see 3 lines in there, more will clutter it up ... Maybe a Few more in the steep crazy bits.

can I please ask, if you build ... Please push the exits away from the road ... And pedal out towards the buildings / mini bridge.
Bushcare is super active in the area ... Please keep the place clean aye.

if you don't mind pushies ... I have a fun short track you might like bit round the corner. Maggie warning though.

Link

Likes Dirt
ive wanted to make it flow a bit nicer ... Even got some sand bags to help with the off camber turn near the tree/pipe. I've never liked the rooty entrance ... Can see 3 lines in there, more will clutter it up ... Maybe a Few more in the steep crazy bits.

can I please ask, if you build ... Please push the exits away from the road ... And pedal out towards the buildings / mini bridge.
Bushcare is super active in the area ... Please keep the place clean aye.

if you don't mind pushies ... I have a fun short track you might like bit round the corner. Maggie warning though.
Don't worry - I've built these little urban DH's for years in Melbourne - I know to keep things tidy. Will be a fun summer if we can get this spot going.

Last edited:

Link

Likes Dirt
Did some raking. re-routed the top and bottom. A few more hours work and it'll be good to go.