Balmain / Rozelle group?

Luco

Likes Dirt
Nah man, it's in timbrell park. It runs parallel to the western distributor.

If you lived 1 min walk away it'll be worth the drive ;)

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The jumps seem to have grown somewhat...

I had a bit of a pedal through there on Tuesday arvo and there was a young guy building that jump! The jump isn't really the best fit for that track, I suggested to the guy that they should try build rollers that can be doubled, especially as it's a public track and kids will be riding it!

We ended up doing some shovelling and did some work on the first jump which is much better than it was previously! I'd be keen to do some work on the track, I may know where thete are some tools stashed there! ;)

Would anyone be keen for a pedal one arvo next week? (Tuesday's are out for me!)

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
I had a bit of a pedal through there on Tuesday arvo and there was a young guy building that jump! The jump isn't really the best fit for that track, I suggested to the guy that they should try build rollers that can be doubled, especially as it's a public track and kids will be riding it!

We ended up doing some shovelling and did some work on the first jump which is much better than it was previously! I'd be keen to do some work on the track, I may know where thete are some tools stashed there! ;)

Would anyone be keen for a pedal one arvo next week? (Tuesday's are out for me!)
Nice work! I'm definitely keen to try building some more rollers. Those kickers are cool, but impossible on a trail bike.

Keen for a pedal next week as well. Can do early Monday or Wednesday, or anytime thursday or friday.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work! I'm definitely keen to try building some more rollers. Those kickers are cool, but impossible on a trail bike.

Keen for a pedal next week as well. Can do early Monday or Wednesday, or anytime thursday or friday.
Not impossible...maybe more difficult! :p The jump in the photo needs some better shaping though!

I think I'm free next Thursday so we can aim for that!

PiE

Likes Bikes
Good thing you posted those jump alterations, I woulda just barrelled in there as usual and flipped my shit/self.

When you say arvo, are we taking 6pm+ or earlier?

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Another inner westie here (Petersham)

Will keep an eye out for group rides. I think I know most of the single track, but you never know what you don't know!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Thats Kiddie park BTW :) ... only real problem is the lack of dirt ... I know the peeps responsible for the place are open to work being done with a blind eye type approach ... but 3 tonnes of dirt would make a friggin awesome pump track in there with 3 or 4 lines or variations anyway. No residents to really annoy. its already designated as a bike track, and we could likely lobby to have the dirt delivered as part of maintenance, which has never been done since it opened.

I even think the Canada Bay and Leichhardt BUGs would help lobby to get us numbers.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about meeting up at 6pm at Timbrell Park on Thursday?

Maybe hang there until about 6:30pm to give everyone time to arrive then we go check out some of the other trails around the Bay Run (by that I mean people can show me the trails!)

All the above is weather dependant of course! :S

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
I totally forgot i have a meeting Thursday night, won't be able to make it.
who's coming to OMV on Saturday? Should be a good day, and I'm keen to meet a few people.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I totally forgot i have a meeting Thursday night, won't be able to make it.
who's coming to OMV on Saturday? Should be a good day, and I'm keen to meet a few people.
Yeah I think I might head up to OMV on Saturday, assuming the weather holds out!

Richie, I'm in. Just as long as the weather holds of course.
Yeah of course, we'll 'raincheck' tomorrow! :S

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm going to call it early and cancel a ride this arvo due to high chance of rain! Let's try again next week!

PiE

Likes Bikes
On a side note, what bike shop do you all use in the area?

I've been going to Velofix since I moved, mainly because they're so close to me. Very nice guys and they know their stuff but definitely roadie focused. Any more MTB oriented stores around?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a side note, what bike shop do you all use in the area?

I've been going to Velofix since I moved, mainly because they're so close to me. Very nice guys and they know their stuff but definitely roadie focused. Any more MTB oriented stores around?
I've used Bicycle Garage in Lilyfield a couple of times to get me out of trouble when I've had mechanicals on the way to work!

Ashfield cycles has a reasonable range of Specialized MTB's, I've only purchased some chainring bolts from that shop but the owner was friendly!

The bike shop I use is Park Bikes at Olympic Park, I met the guys through a friend of mine and they are excellent! The shop is more road orientated but a couple of the guys are very experienced MTB'ers who race the DH World Cup circuit so they know their stuff!

I was hoping to get another Inner West MTB ride sorted soon but due to recent horrible weather and XMAS approaching fast I'll have to leave it until the new year!

Last edited: