Banshee Amp Custom

mlucko

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys and Girls,
So This is my New Banshee Amp Custom...
I absolutely love it, It jumps, corners and spins so well, its the best frame I've ridden thus far...

NEW PICS AND SPECS PAGE 3!!!

Frame - Banshee Amp
Front fork -2012 Rockshox Argyle RCT Lowered to 80mm
Handlebars - Spank Spike 777 Evo 15mm rise(Uncut)
Stem - Sunline V one
Headset - Dunno, its rubbish but...
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - SDG I Fly
Seatpost - SDG I beam
Rear brake - Avid Code R (For trails only but)
Rotor - Jet Black superlight 160mm
Cranks - Shimano Saint m810 175mm
Sprocket - Dartmoor Totem 32t
Chain - Dartmoor Core Lite
Pedals - Da Bomb Bare Bones
Cassette - 13t SS kit (Not sure what it is)
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2 Evo SS
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - DT Swiss champions
Nipples - DT Swiss Pro loc
Tyres - DTH Foldable
Tubes - Maxxis Ultra lite
Total weight - 10.6kg no brakes

What do you think?
Thanks Guys ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

brad353

Likes Dirt
very nice man, this will be my next hardtail frame to. were you riding chromo or aluminium before this, and if it was chromo, how do you like the difference?

by the way you're missing a brake

mlucko

Likes Dirt
very nice man, this will be my next hardtail frame to. were you riding chromo or aluminium before this, and if it was chromo, how do you like the difference?

by the way you're missing a brake
I have really only owned Aluminium bikes so its pretty hard to compare, All my mates have Chromo frames and I've ridden them but I just like the rigidity of alu. Sure its more prone to cracking but its suuuuuper stiff as a trade off, plus they're pretty light.

I normally have my brake on when I go ride my trails, but on the day when I took them photos a mate of mine was bleeding them and sorting out an issue, so yeah thats why they aren't there. I just had to man up and get my smooth on to get through the set.

I would definitely recommend getting one, they're expensive but they ride awesome.

enjoy :)

brad353

Likes Dirt
:[TYL3R]:;2620734 said:
Looks like a pile of poo to be honest.
where's your justification in that stupid statement dipsh#t?

that's a good fork but i would've gone for a different colour option. i would also go for a riser bar, but that's just me. i can't understand all these people putting flat bars on their dirt jumpers, makes tricks like no foot cans so much more difficult. i figure it's usually just downhillers who do that to their dj bikes.

I would definitely recommend getting one, they're expensive but they ride awesome.

enjoy :)
i will be getting one mate, fortunately i live in vancouver at the moment and know a couple of the good people at banshee. have fun on it

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
where's your justification in that stupid statement dipsh#t?

that's a good fork but i would've gone for a different colour option. i would also go for a riser bar, but that's just me. i can't understand all these people putting flat bars on their dirt jumpers, makes tricks like no foot cans so much more difficult. i figure it's usually just downhillers who do that to their dj bikes.

i will be getting one mate, fortunately i live in vancouver at the moment and know a couple of the good people at banshee. have fun on it
Tyler is a good mate of Matt's guys, so relax, haha.

mlucko

Likes Dirt
:[TYL3R]:;2620734 said:
Looks like a pile of poo to be honest.
So Does your crook as head!
Don't stress guys, Tyler is a good mate of mine, he's just taking the piss...

where'd you get it from?
Funnily enough Ebay... I wanted an Amp for ages and I just happened to stumble across it so I had to have it...

Mate I bought the Blue ones cos they never had any black ones left and they were wicked cheap so yeah, I didn't like the blue at first but its grown on me. All my riding buddies have said the same thing, I think it sets it apart...

Also I've tried riser bars and wasn't a fan, I just couldn't get used to it... So lower rise bars it is... I can NFC it without any issues so it doesn't bother me.. And trust me, I'm no downhiller. I've got a Voltage FR10 but spend all of my time on the Amp, I'm a Dirt jumper through and through...

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

S_Town

Likes Dirt
Mmmm neat and tidy.

Get some red lowers and we can complete the colour matching Banshee family!

mlucko

Likes Dirt
Hopefully when I get some more money I would like to get a few more bits and pieces...

I would love a Hope Pro 3 front hub, cos lets face it... front brakes on a DJ bike is not my style,
I wouldn't mind getting something new to replace the rubbish Code R and leave it on all the time, Not sure what though...
And a new seat... I love the I Fly and its got a mad grab on it but I've landed on it 1 too many times and it really hurts doing so..
A few people have said that I should get a new stem but I love the V one,

what do you think?

Cheers
Matt :)