DJ Banshee Amp

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
So here it is, my long awaited banshee amp. :eek:

Firstly I'd just like to give a big shoutout to Darren from Barspin Imports (Director of Team Banshee Australia) for his on going support, as well as Morgan street cycles for some of the smaller fiddlelys needed to get this bike running!

Banshee Amp Frame Small
Token Highrolling
Thomson Elite X4
Chromag OSX Fubars
Odi Crosstrainer

Pike Team Dual Air
Hope Mini Pro
Kink Pivotal Seat/Post
Banshee Clamp
Shimano Xt
Wellgo MG-1

Kenda Small Block Eights
Dartmoor Raiders
Dt Swiss Revolutions
Hope Pro 2 Geared
Hope Pro 2 20mm
KMC Chain

Thanks Guys,
Feel free to comment!

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
Thanks sheeks, Banshee were deffinately bang on the buck with this frame. It's spot on to ride.

The build came in at 9.97 kg which is just heaven to throw around over the jumps !

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did you just polish that frame with something - in that first photo it looks wicked!! I,d like a bike like that,but i would only ride it up to the shop for milk & smokes...:):):)

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats so hoot, that weight makes it even more rad. Qucick question, whats that thing on the bb on the non drive side?

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
The thing around the bb/crank area is just a bit of rubber tube and a zip tie I put on to create a bit of friction. So I don't have to run my chain ridiculously tight to stop the cranks spinning when I tailwhip.

The weights pretty amazing, my last build was about 11 but once I converted over to the mtb cranks and bb and the 2kg Amp frame, I noticed it straight away.

Action Pics coming sunday!

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Looks nice cam,

I really like that you have kept it very MTB, its siccck.
I was thinking of doing the rubber trick also, saw it on semenuk's bike, any good? I bet you would have taken it off it your bike was over 10kg ;)

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Super clean Amp! Looks so nice Cam.

Something I saw in melbs that all the BMXers run is a cut piece of a tire used as a crank stop instead of a tube as the tubes gets wrecked and needs changing more often. Maybe worth a try?

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys for the positve comments,

Jervis I'll play around to see with what works best to stop the cranks, this setup worked for a day but is starting to fail now. Might have to hack up one of old tires and give your idea a go.

ps. how can i get the same polished look of the frame from my pedals?

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Looks nice cam,

I really like that you have kept it very MTB, its siccck.
I was thinking of doing the rubber trick also, saw it on semenuk's bike, any good? I bet you would have taken it off it your bike was over 10kg ;)
I was running the exact same thing on my STP when i was down in Tassie Brodie lol

Super clean Amp! Looks so nice Cam.

Something I saw in melbs that all the BMXers run is a cut piece of a tire used as a crank stop instead of a tube as the tubes gets wrecked and needs changing more often. Maybe worth a try?
The Amp has a Euro bb, you can't do the tire trick with a cut piece of tire as it undoes the bb... Only works with press fit bearings (Mid, Spanish, US)..

The way Cam has done it, is that he has zip tied the rubber to the frame / bb area.. so the friction is from the cranks...

How come you didn't do it on the drive side cam? so the friction comes from the sprocket too?

Its loooooking sooooo super sexy also man! Mint build!!

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
i was running the exact same thing on my stp when i was down in tassie brodie lol

the amp has a euro bb, you can't do the tire trick with a cut piece of tire as it undoes the bb... Only works with press fit bearings (mid, spanish, us)..

The way cam has done it, is that he has zip tied the rubber to the frame / bb area.. So the friction is from the cranks...

How come you didn't do it on the drive side cam? So the friction comes from the sprocket too?

Its loooooking sooooo super sexy also man! Mint build!!
hero?.....

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty noobish question but is the point of the rubber/tube/tyre around the BB to stop the cranks from turning when you are doing tricks where you take your feet of the pedals (no foot can, tailwhip etc) so the trick is easier to catch because the cranks will be in the same spot?

Sick bike anyway.