DJ Banshee Amp

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty noobish question but is the point of the rubber/tube/tyre around the BB to stop the cranks from turning when you are doing tricks where you take your feet of the pedals (no foot can, tailwhip etc) so the trick is easier to catch because the cranks will be in the same spot?

Sick bike anyway.
yep thats exactly right

nice bike btw

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
thats gunna break sooo quick

enjoy it while you can
whys that? pikes are used by many great DJ riders, XT cranks get a hammering on downhill bikes, and cam's more than a good enough rider to not trash his gear.

Last edited:

Sam.

Eats Squid
That is one hot looking cycle!

Just another question with the whole rubber stop thing on the crank, does it make it harder to pedal, or is the difference barely noticeable? Guessing its not much of an issue anyway, you don't really need to pedal that far on a run in.

Ducky Punk

Banned
whys that? pikes are used by many great DJ riders, XT cranks get a hammering on downhill bikes, and cam's more than a good enough rider to not trash his gear.
MTB stuff breaks so quick compared to BMX stuff tho you are probably completely right and he a mad smooth rider, just riding street would kill the wheels and cranks sooo fast

Crowey

Likes Dirt
MTB stuff breaks so quick compared to BMX stuff tho you are probably completely right and he a mad smooth rider, just riding street would kill the wheels and cranks sooo fast
Ummm, what?
It all depends on the rider mate, I can have the same style of part, with two different views from each rider, and have had the BMX part break, with mine still being fine. If a part is designed for a mountain bike or a BMX makes no difference, a lot of parts can go onto both bikes, the manufacturer of the product could be a major cause to a malfunction, having it be lighter but less strong can cause a malfunction, or just how hard the rider rides, not whether it is designed for BMX or MTB.
With the wheels, I ride the lighter model of these, and ssoooo much street within the last 6 months, a guess what, wheels haven't even needed to be trued once. Research before you post.

_Edwards_

Squid
Ummm, what?
It all depends on the rider mate, I can have the same style of part, with two different views from each rider, and have had the BMX part break, with mine still being fine. If a part is designed for a mountain bike or a BMX makes no difference, a lot of parts can go onto both bikes, the manufacturer of the product could be a major cause to a malfunction, having it be lighter but less strong can cause a malfunction, or just how hard the rider rides, not whether it is designed for BMX or MTB.
With the wheels, I ride the lighter model of these, and ssoooo much street within the last 6 months, a guess what, wheels haven't even needed to be trued once. Research before you post.
YAY jackson!

and to ducky punk. man u got owned not once but twice give up baha
n for the record im running slx cranks and i ride park n djs and they havnt bent or cracked yet, and also i had a mate that crack 2 pairs of macniel cranks....
i rest my case

Ducky Punk

Banned
Ummm, what?
obviously you dont ride hard enough

Ducky Punk

Banned
k will do chaps

but seriously i cant believe ANY wheel could go hard street riding (3ing 10+ sets and big gaps) and not need to be trued once in 6 months

Crowey

Likes Dirt
k will do chaps

but seriously i cant believe ANY wheel could go hard street riding (3ing 10+ sets and big gaps) and not need to be trued once in 6 months
Biggest stair set I've 3'd was either a six set, or a fairly big 5 set, and no, wheels have never been trued. Yes, depending on wheel strength you may need to true them, but I've got a fairly weak, but very light wheelset. Another thing is the builder, if you have a crap builder, wheel will be built poorly, but luckily for me, great wheel builder! Brent from Cycleworks in Box Hill does a great job!

Jordy>G

Squid
Hahah brodie coming from you quote: "Brodie-does what he wants"
such a tricckkk build man, i love the mtb spec,it is an mtb after all, anyways heaps of people smash thoes parts! and they still run fine.

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
Thanks people :eek:

These wheels are strong and I back up what jacksons saying.

I've seen riders you literally push their bike down as they land, and always seem to be complaining about broken parts. Riding hard is alot different to trashing you gear. Soderstrom rides hard- rides a sub 10 kilo bike- and manages to ride some of the biggest jumps in the world! Yet a pair of poorly built halos in the hands of a huck can be destroyed up a gutter.

tommy-d

Likes Dirt
thanks people :eek:

these wheels are strong and i back up what jacksons saying.

I've seen riders you literally push their bike down as they land, and always seem to be complaining about broken parts. Riding hard is alot different to trashing you gear. Soderstrom rides hard- rides a sub 10 kilo bike- and manages to ride some of the biggest jumps in the world! Yet a pair of poorly built halos in the hands of a huck can be destroyed up a gutter.
here here!