Total weight -13.9

Last edited:

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
rabatt said:
action photos or else!
Coming soon.

U.D.O said:
If I can recall correctly, it's french for the.

Regardless, thats one clean looking bike, so hot.
That would be about right... I like to think I can speak le french :)

Wooly said:
single speed it?
Nah, I like gears. If anything, I'll be ripping up the cassette and making it 4 or 5 speed.

I think she needs to go on a bit of a diet, 15kg starts to feel pretty sluggish and I feel it's not showing the full potential of the bike.

Fox Float 32 or X-Fusion Velvet RL?

floody

Wheel size expert
I'd probably go a spaced down Vengeance myself, still drop a fair chunk of weight off. Ditch the thornproof tube, stubby piv post and lightish piv seat, will all make a difference.

Nice ride, these things are heaps of fun.

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
Frame's cracked. Getting that fixed before anything else.

Anyway.

I have a pivotal seat and seatpost already, just waiting on a shim. Probably won't cut it down, it's a great bike for XC and getting around town, pedals really well.

Thornproof is going, new tyres are coming. Either High Roller 2.35, Nobby Nic 2.4/2.25, or Intense Edge.

If I ever end up saving enough money, I'll probably get a Velvet RL or a cheap Fox Float/831. Vengeance is too expensive.

floody

Wheel size expert
Surely Velvet/second hand 831 etc plus 15mm hub and wheel build ends up about Vengeance money?

Bugger about the frame. My mate cracked his too. I think maybe there was a bad batch.

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
Surely Velvet/second hand 831 etc plus 15mm hub and wheel build ends up about Vengeance money?

Bugger about the frame. My mate cracked his too. I think maybe there was a bad batch.
Hope axle adapters are $20, just swap my 20mm ones out for 15mm.

I bought the frame from Alan Hepburn, a crack was re-welded before he sent it, but it broke again the other day :(

floody

Wheel size expert
Ah right, of course, forgot you could swap the hub ends out. Yeah Velvet looks like awesome value. Hope you work something out with the frame.

Chamakazae

Likes Bikes
p4pb7379439.jpg

FINALLY

Re-welded, for free thanks to my friend's uncle.

Clearcoat got a bit raped, and the pivot hole had some weld in it. A bit of love with the file fixed that :)

Ordering bushings and other goodies soon. 15mm Velvet RL's are looking pretty tempting at the moment :D