Banshee realese date

who...?

Likes Dirt
Im going to be in the market for a new bike at the end of the year or if im lucky befor then. After a lot of thought and looking around and this and that i have narrowed it down to the Banshee Legened MK1 but i can not find a release date for this frame and would like to know if anyone has any infomation on a possible time?

Also if anyone knows what colours they come? I know there is a raw finish available but not sure if there is a range of colours or if the raw is the only finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barspin Imports

Likes Dirt
Who...?

The MK1 Legend is a prototype - pre production model that has been made available to a number of "pro" racers for testing and feedback.

The MK2 or just "Legend" will be available for sale later this year. I'm just waiting to hear back from Keith, who's one of the Banshee company owners and the designer of the frame, for more info on release dates. As soon as the MK2 hits the production schedule I'll be placing a large order of different sizes and colours.

It's expected the retail price in Australia will be around $4,500.

Colours is also still to be determined. Whether they stay with coloured head tubes fading into "raw" is a guess too.

Sorry I can't help any more than this. Just stay tuned.

S.

ex offender
Im going to be in the market for a new bike at the end of the year or if im lucky befor then. After a lot of thought and looking around and this and that i have narrowed it down to the Banshee Legened MK1 but i can not find a release date for this frame and would like to know if anyone has any infomation on a possible time?

Also if anyone knows what colours they come? I know there is a raw finish available but not sure if there is a range of colours or if the raw is the only finish.

Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately Keith Scott, the Banshee engineer, is undergoing medical treatment for a life-threatening illness. Until he's back on deck, not much can happen unfortunately. This is the main reason why there isn't any release date even estimated yet.

who...?

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately Keith Scott, the Banshee engineer, is undergoing medical treatment for a life-threatening illness. Until he's back on deck, not much can happen unfortunately. This is the main reason why there isn't any release date even estimated yet.
Thats no good i hope hes going to be alrite and a speedy recovery to him aswell with all the best.

Will the Mk2 be any different in frame style to the MK1 or will it just be a tweeked version of the MK1 after they have worked out the "bugs" and what not.?

S.

ex offender
Thats no good i hope hes going to be alrite and a speedy recovery to him aswell with all the best.

Will the Mk2 be any different in frame style to the MK1 or will it just be a tweeked version of the MK1 after they have worked out the "bugs" and what not.?
The whole Mk1 run was intended to be pre-production, basically refining the existing design that a couple of Banshee's pro riders have been riding since about February last year. There are a number of things that will be changed for production (Mk2) but most of those relate to manufacturing rather than real design changes. I think there will be some minor geometry changes to at least one of the sizes, but to the best of my knowledge it will just be for the size large to be shortened slightly.

builttoride

Likes Bikes
The production legends will be a bit lighter (by around 150-200g) and will really just be an improved version of the pre production frames, it will have sligtly smaller chainstays, and perhaps a larger diameter downtube (really just for aesthetics, we shall see, as that depends on cost).

the rest of the changes I have made, and am currently making, are just to improve manufcaturing tollerances by redesigning the assembly slightly. also some tweeks will be made to a few other bits here and there.

I'm afraid we will not be able to confirm a production date until I have made all the redesigns, but I'm working on it.