Banshee Rune 26". Built to ride down and up mountains.

chonox

Likes Dirt
congratulations on an awesome bike - pretty close to the exact build i would have gone if i had to go brand new.

Loving all these banshees popping out of the woodwork - when i get my spitty hopefully in the next week or two I'll be able to join the cool club.

The vibe/philosophy of the company sold me - get your way up to have a blast on the way down!

chocko

Likes Bikes
Hey mate I was about the buy the lev integra 150mm for my Rune, would you say its the correct length for that frame now that you have had a chance to ride it?

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Hey mate I was about the buy the lev integra 150mm for my Rune, would you say its the correct length for that frame now that you have had a chance to ride it?
Yes, it is spot on for size. Best post on the planet. Expensive but worth every cent. Love the integration with ODI lock on grips too, very neat finish.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
You should be able to cut line at lever end, if you don't flick fluid everywhere or pull lever in with hose disconnected. Once you reconnect hose. You can just attach syringe with some fluid in it, draw it up just gently and let go, draw up again, let go, repeat repeat repeat until all air stops coming up into syringe. Flick lines and lever a few times during this process. Shouldn't need to do a full bleed as there's no air past here. Put lever horizontal first(forgot that point).
If it doesn't work completely, reattach syringe and push pistons back in caliper to get more fluid/air to come up line. Pull lever in after a few syringe pull ups to get pistons back in a touch.
Cheers for the info NSM

Certainly going to stand out on the trails!

Can help with the lines, done it many times.

Not sure if your supposed to reuse olives but never had a problem in practice.
Will hit you up for a hand to do this please

Culley

Likes Dirt
nice bike mate, very similar build to my rune i built up last year
i couldn't be happier, and easily my favourite bike I've ridden & owned
hope she treats you well

Attachments

effarr

Likes Dirt
Fark, now I want an orange one! Instead I'm stuck with this boring yellow colour!

IMG_4771.jpg

Looks great mate.

Cheers

Leon

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
head set

What kind of head set have you gone with? I've been speaking to Stu at Defcon and he's recommended a Cane Creek headset. Don't know much about the CC ones.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
What kind of head set have you gone with? I've been speaking to Stu at Defcon and he's recommended a Cane Creek headset. Don't know much about the CC ones.
They are very nice, much like anything Cane Creek. Best part is if you order one through Defcon, if you ask nicely they can press the cups in. Too easy! Got a good deal on it too through Defcon.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Bit of an update, I have ridden this for a few months and absolutely love it. Frame is stiff, love the colour. Forks were ok but not great....but then, after MWIs recommendation, we dropped the lowers, put the right amount of oil in, and grease on the seals and they feel amazing. Couldn't be happier with them now. Switched to flats for a while, DMR v8s. Loving the foot out action on loose corners. The loss of spinning power is not that noticeable. Rock gardens are a bit harder though.

Also just changed the rear tyre to a Schwalbe Rock Razor. A few mates rave about this tyre. I was unsure, but it is very fast rolling and the knobs are quite soft, could be a game changer. Still loving the high roller 2 on the front though (25 psi front 28 psi rear). Just ordered a 32 tooth Blackspire narrow wide ring to replace the existing 30 tooth. Wasn't using the big cog very much so thought I would challenge myself.

In summary, get a Banshee, it is so much fun to ride.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Basic fork rebuild, pretty quick and simple, then get told how great the forks are everytime we stop for a breather, and for me I like rests so it was a lot. They look noticably more active particularly on the small stuff.

In summary, get a Banshee, it is so much fun to ride.
This is true....
Yeah definitely, it's quite a bit more fun to ride over the Nomad, geometrys pretty close between the two, nomad is longer, I wonder if that makes all the difference.

WIll have to put my 27.5 wheels on the Rune and see what difference it makes too.

Have a play around the the dropout height, it does make a difference.