AM Banshee Rune V2

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys,

I've always ridden medium bikes but for some reason think it's time to step up to a large. Hopefully ben at singletracks can find me a demo.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Mywifesirrational how tall are you? I'm just placing an order on the frame now and at 5'11" I can't decide between med and large. Absolutely love your build!
I'm 6.2 'ish' - 189cm barefoot, I've swapped back and forth between 50/65mm stems and think i'll mostly stick with the 65mm. it just feels a little more planted in fast flat corners. The size is about right, but I would have liked to have trialed an XL - but I honestly think both either size for me would have been fine. If you can't 'test ride' any sizes, i'd lean towards going towards the large size, with a shorter stem. I use it for everything from XC/bike tracks to AM/light DH, very versatile.

If you in melbourne yell out for a sizing, got another fella coming around for the size up and ride.

That's for the build admiration, had no budget, but kept it sensible.

What sort of riding will you be doing mostly? I am ~6'1" and on a Large with a 45mm stem - seems pretty bang on for me with a mix of rough XC/AM riding. First few rides the bike was noticeably harder to throw around than my old Giant Faith which was essentially a Medium; harder to manual in particular but is now feeling more manageable.

If I was buying this bike solely for gravity fed stuff/jumping I'd get a Medium, but for what it's designed for I'd lean towards the large with a short stem.

Ultimately you're in the borderline size range; I honestly don't think you'd be unhappy either way. I'd just go off if you want the bike to be more playful, or more compliant with climbs and better for longer XC type rides.

Leon
Yup everything Leon's said rings true for me too.

I've come from a DW link and find it really easy to manual even with a 65mm stem.

Mine is a medium and I am 5'8" running a 50mm stem
It was your fault I bought one - couldn't help myself after seeing your rune!

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
I'm 6.2 'ish' - 189cm barefoot, I've swapped back and forth between 50/65mm stems and think i'll mostly stick with the 65mm. it just feels a little more planted in fast flat corners. The size is about right, but I would have liked to have trialed an XL - but I honestly think both either size for me would have been fine. If you can't 'test ride' any sizes, i'd lean towards going towards the large size, with a shorter stem. I use it for everything from XC/bike tracks to AM/light DH, very versatile.

It was your fault I bought one - couldn't help myself after seeing your rune!
It was this thread that made up my decision for me. Absolutely superb looking machine.

I am from Melbourne and would absolutely love to check out the size of the large frame. I'll PM you now.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Once my bike is built i'll offer anyone in the Armidale area a tryout for size too if it helps.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
A couple more recent pics, just realised the quality was a bit MEH, but the Mrs was already bizarred as to why I was taking pics of my bike - she declined an invite to make nudies me or her...

A couple of changes since last time, most notably a KS LEV - Yes lindz1817 you have very nice taste in parts selection. Yes the LEV is at full height, actually 6mm past the do not go past this line, don't tell Nerf in case it breaks. So if your getting towards 190cm with long legs a large may not be quite tall enough. The LEV is great, haven't used a dropper post before, but at places like the Youies it's really useful and I am using it constantly and having more fun because of it.

Added some oury lock-ons, also have a no lock on pair, great grips, think the non lock ons are more comfy for big lumberjack sized hands.

Also added a red hope seat clamp, to compete with the fastidious color palate of my regular riding companion.

Lastly, swapped out the Hans Dampf and Nobby Nic for some High Roller II's, not sure which tyres I prefer, both are great in different ways, Bit of a weight penalty and a slight rolling resistance penalty with the HRII's, but they corner really nice when riding aggressively. If i had a compressor I'd swap back and forth more often but the HRII's were a bit stubborn at inflating with a floor pump.

Still very happy with it, the only bike I'd swap it for currrently is a Turner RFX (doesn't exist) or I'd give a carbon nomad with enve wheels a go... but I would allow my self to blow that much $$.

Drive side small.jpg
brake side small.jpg