This is my 2020 Banshee Rune. The frame came up for a decent price lightly used second hand and I swapped the parts over from my 2019 Kona Process. Swap cost me $600 including buying a new BB. I really like the frame, the build quality is great. Feels like there's much more attention to small details than with the Kona. Reach is also 20mm less - felt like the 515mm reach on the Process was a little too long sometimes and this feels perfect now.
For the build kit I tried to toe the line of price vs. performance quite diligently. Stuck with cheaper consumables (chain, cassette, BB etc) so it doesn't hurt so much when I replace them, and can do it fairly early to keep it running perfect and smooth.
- XL Frame with Fox Float X2 Shock.
- RockShox ZEB Ultimate 170mm
- DT350 hubs to Stans Flow MK3 rims with brass nipples and sapim double butted spokes.
- XT 12 speed drivetrain with SLX chain and cassette.
- XT 4 piston brakes.
- 210mm dropper with Shimano lever.
- Spank pedals and Renthal grips.
- Cables inside the frame running through neoprene tubing to keep it quiet.
- Clear gorilla tape on the downtube, chainstays, seat stays, and back of seat tube.
- Got rid of the Ice-Tec brake pads because they rattle, running normal metallic Shimano ones now.
- Centre lock rotors because its fast to remove rotors for cleaning the wheels more thoroughly.
- M8120 cranks in 165mm.
- Built the wheels myself and had Riley at Hardtail Havoc tension them, have been awesome.