banshee scream???

ango93

Likes Bikes
hey guys im just wondering...iv been riding dh for a while now and i used to have a giant dh comp. I bought this Banshee scream to replace it...do you recon it will hold up doin dh as i dont really wanna go to freeride i wanna stick with the good shit!

please give me some advise and what you think about it

cheers guys

i just bought new shimano deore hydros also :D

Attachments

dh1

Likes Dirt
im pretty sure that since it is huck/freeride bike it is built tough so it should hold up for dh just fine.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the older banshee's were known for being pretty strong.. perhaps not the most ideal dh geometry compared to todays new race rigs but would still pretty nice all round bike to ride i should think.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep an eye on the bearing bolts - I broke all of mine when I used to have a scream. Snapped the axle also. The again, I used it as a huck bike most of the time. Cornering wasn't great with a 24inch rear wheel.

Mine held up pretty well overall for 2 years, then some idiot stole it.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banshee Scream's are awesome bikes. Make sure you run it in the longest travel etc etc so you can get the lowest BB and slacker HA......That should make it better for DH.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Screams are built like tanks, if you manage to break one then you must be doing some serious hucking !

I had one for about 6 months, and while they definately aren't the most nimble frame around, they're a lot of fun :)