Bar width

pryaz

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I don't know whether to leave my bars at 28" wides, or to cut them down. I ride mainly park, and a bit of dirt.
I know It basically comes down to personal preference, but I would like to know what the upsides/downsides of running short/long width bars are.

Thanks

rider_jake

Likes Dirt
wider bars give you more control and are more comfortable at speed( i think ).
short bars are easier to barspin because they are shorter :rolleyes:

big bars also look sweet.
oh and to save making another thread could someone pm me or post up the widest bars avalible. cheers

Leechie

Likes Dirt
What ever feels comfortable for you. I go through stages of having big bars and small bars, but really its what ever feels best for you.

Legally Red

Likes Dirt
i ride park and bit of dirt. cut mine down from 28" to 26.5". awesome width, wide enough for stability and trend... but still easily enables tricks such as tabos and barries.

spaz

Banned
just ride your bike AND IF YOU YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THE WIDE BARS FEEL CUT THEM DOWN.

this isnt a question for a forum silly billy

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
who made them???
Solid bikes i do think....
28in wide for me, was into the short bar thing, went big bars and never looked back.
Got tempted to go bigger, but 28" has enough flex as it is, and it's bordering on hard to do x ups and such.

Bit [OT], but rode a mate's slam's he extended, 32in wide, was fucked, there's wide to balance and then there's just wide to be scene.

chubz

Likes Dirt
i think wider bars make it easyer to control your bike and they look better:rolleyes:shorter bars make it so had for me to manule:eek::eek:

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
keep them wide, the wider the better.
i personally run 29" bars and can just do x ups, it would be nicer to have 28" for doing them, but once they are a certain width it all feels the same to me.;)