Barjarg - Really that hectic?

.Sam

Likes Dirt
Hey guys

Just contemplating whether or not to do the first round of the Alpine Gravity Shuttles. Have heard a lot of hype about Barjarg being super dangerous.

Would rather not kill myself in the off season. I would like to hear some opinions on the track and whether it is worth going to. I live in Geelong.

I do like rocky tracks such as Beauty and Buller so it isn't the rocks that scare me it is everyone saying it is ridiculously dangerous

Thanks
Hope I don't sound like too much of a pussy

Shredden

Knows his goats
everyone saying it is ridiculously dangerous
Not everyone, I told you about 10 minutes ago at recess that I didn't think it was. YOU LIAR.

Like everything, ride within your limits and its good. 46 people didnt ride within their limits at youies VDHS and paid the price hehehe.

Just come you pussdawg.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
barjarg

there are over fifty line choices at barjarg. each tech section has A B C and D lines. its ONLY dangerous if your a begginer and you try all the A lines. There is definately some hard stuff on the track, but if you have a good look on your first run down, youll see there are PLENTY of line choices for all levels of rider. the only time ANY course is dangerous, is when riders head down it as FAST as they can go without having a look at the track itself. barjarg is no more dangerous than youies or beauty, but if you HAVE A LOOK at each section on your first run down, its not hard to see which lines are for beginners, which are for expert, and which lines are for elite riders only.

Staunch

Eats Squid
My first race (and second time I rode DH ever) was at Barjarg and I managed to survive, I'd say you'll be fine as long as you don't try and do anything stupid.
Not saying it's easy, just saying keep in your limits and you'll love it.

.Sam

Likes Dirt
Okay doesn't seem that bad then,

Thanks for the replies guys, im starting to regret starting this thread, making me sound like a beginner. ahah

Thanks again :)

Loudvq

Likes Dirt
just do it all fast thats how you win!!!!!!

one of the best tracks in australia if someone would like to correct me somehow.....

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Awesome track

I just went there on the Sunday just gone, and it was unreal - probably one of the more technical, rougher tracks I've ridding in my relatively short time...

The only negative I would say is that the "secondary lines" are WAY slower than the A-lines - I understand them being a little slower, otherwise why would you risk doing the A-line, but adding over 5 secs because you're not quite crazy enough... was a little annoying but nothing major.

Oh - its also pretty damn puniching on the bike...

Well worth it tho, and its really up to you how dangerous you make it!