Bashguard Version 2.0

adam

Likes Dirt
Evnin' Gentlemen,

I got a few bash guards made up professionally te other day. They turned out really nice, and they fit perfectly on my race face's, but still have a bit of room for me to upgrade to a 36 tooth later. Once again they are made out of polycarbonate so its pretty battle worthy.

What do you guys think? The guy said that this polycarbonate i spretty much bullet proof. Im gonna take him up on that and try to get someone to shoot it. See how it holds up. :D :twisted: :roll:

Ive got a few more on the way if anyone wants some, ill put them up for sale on the for sale board. It will be a nice little package, with bash guard, longer bolts for those who need them and a little sticker. Everything should be together in a few days. Anyone interested? You farkin boys want one for testing? :wink: More on that later.

Anyway, gotta go.
Adam.

S.

ex offender
Sick! I have a similar thing on my bike,

They look so awesome when they're new and clean....

G

What type of cranks can be put in them?
I have four bolt LX's atm

adam

Likes Dirt
not exactly sure how much they will go for yet, probably around $60. Ill work out a price soon.

Yeah gutty, i took some inspiration from you, but it wasnt done on a cnc machine, just normal tools that the engineer has.

If you can tell me the PCD of the bolt holes, ill be able to make one up for you. If not i can have a look around and try to find it out for you.

Adam

wombat

Lives in a hole
YES I"M BLOODY WELL INTERESTED!!!! This saves me getting an E13 shipped fomr Canada....home produce, YUM!!!

Check your PMs

adam

Likes Dirt
so anyone else interested? ill get some more on the way if anyone else is.

Im also developing a chainguide, MRP/EVIL/Truvativ style with sealed ball bearing rollers to go with the bashguard. Should be done soon.

Ride
Adam

S.

ex offender
adam said:
so anyone else interested? ill get some more on the way if anyone else is.

Im also developing a chainguide, MRP/EVIL/Truvativ style with sealed ball bearing rollers to go with the bashguard. Should be done soon.

Ride
Adam
I would recommend using a slider for the top, and a roller for the bottom. I know it seems cliche'd, but it's the easiest to make and it works fine. Using double rollers a la MRP is asking for trouble unless you flange the rollers on both sides (if you flange em enough to keep the chain on, they're dodgy, lotsa drag and rubbing) or flange them on one side (Evil's old design) which is alright but needs to be set up JUST right to work properly. Bottom rollers are fine with MRP style things, but for the top part, I'd seriously recommend just a slider type thing (even if it doesn't actually slide - just a block will do) cos it's simpler and you don't have to worry about patents ;)

adam

Likes Dirt
thanks for the advice socket, ill take it on board. I was thinking about a slider, ill try to knock one up tomorrow sometime.

Adam

S.

ex offender
adam said:
thanks for the advice socket, ill take it on board. I was thinking about a slider, ill try to knock one up tomorrow sometime.

Adam
Keep in mind that a slider doesn't have to be long and slidey, it can effectively just be a bar-type thing, like a thin roller that doesn't roll... it's just easier that way, IMO.

adam

Likes Dirt
yeah, i was thinking an adjustable little bar, or 90degree section that just sits up nice and close to the chain so it more or less just guides the chain instead of holding it in place.

Thanks
Adam

adam

Likes Dirt
hey guys,
well i finally got the first batch back from the engineers, ive been busy with tests and assignments. Turned out he stuffed up my order, but i didnt complain, theyre still alright and do the job. I will get some more made like in my origional post up there :roll: , but these are all i have right now.

Ill be selling them on the for sale forum. So if you want one, get in there quick. Ill do COD and all.

Anyway, heres some pics. They are big, fit up to 44t and are in 104x4pcd.

If you want one just like the ones in the first post, give me a few days.

Thanks
Adam