Bathurst 1000

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
paulmc213 said:
Murphy has lost alot of respect that I had for him following that incident. I was disgusted by it, it was such a blatant take out.

Then to hear what he had to say afterwards about Ambrose thinking everyone expects him to give way etc was a joke. I hope the stewards are listening to that right now as Murphy basically said that if it was someone else he would of given way.

Ambrose made a fair pass, they touched slightly then moved away from each other and got on with it. Ambrose was in front and so has the right of way. Simple.
I disagree. I think Ambrose cut across too much. He should have been aware of how close Murph was and given him a bit more room.

Saying that, I also agree that Murph is a DICK! The way he handled it compared to Ambrose was telling of the two bloke's characters. I've heard Murph carry on like a tool more times than I care to remember.....:rolleyes:

wombat

Lives in a hole
johnny said:
I disagree. I think Ambrose cut across too much. He should have been aware of how close Murph was and given him a bit more room.
I have a feeling it will be declared a "racing incident"; that verdict seems to pop up a fair bit when there's two high profile drivers/teams involved.

As for the driver's reactions to incidents, this is probably the primary reason that I'm a Lowndes fan. The guy may be a tool in real life, I wouldn't know, but the way that he conducts himself in public is usually pretty hard to fault these days. He's honest when he's made a mistake, and even when things aren't going his way he's more likely to make a joke than whinge and lay blame; the guy just always seems to have a smile on his face!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Everytime I hear Lowndes talk he sounds like he has his shit 100% squared away in the personality and professionalism dept. I onlydislike him because I'm a Holden driver/supporter :p

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The overhead camera view told the whole story of the Murphy / Ambrose incident I believe. Sure , Ambrose squeezed Murphy in turn 2 but he had the momentum and track position to make it stick (and did).

But at the kink before the cutting from the overhead shot , it was clear , in my opinion , that Murphy wasn't aiming for the apex of the kink. He was 6 ft away from the left hand wall and going straight ahead , almost like he was lining Ambrose up.....and he did. Ambrose couldn't have given him any more room , and he shouldn't have had to , Murphy was nowhere near his B pillar.

As a result , Murphy ruined many other competitors days and made a complete tool of himself all in a matter of seconds. Good one dickhead. I'm not a fan of Ambrose by any means and previous to yesterday had a lot of respect for Murphy , lets face it , he's a good driver but yesterday he surpassed Ambrose in the arrogance stakes by a country mile.

Ruined a great race , I reckon.

Rik

logged out
spinner said:
Ruined a great race , I reckon.
All the crashes did IMO. The first 10 laps were pretty messy, and from there it got worse. The elimination of competitors was a big key to Skaifes win, and whilst preservation is part of motor racing, it's not as much fun to watch a procession occur whilst everyone else wipes themselves out.
Oh, of course I must add that I think Skaife is a tool and a Ford should've won, but really I don't care as long as I get satisfaction from watching the race.

paulmc213

Likes Bikes
Agreeing with you spinner. Imagine how good it would of been if that would not of happened. More cars on the lead lap all with a fighting chance. Instead we only got to see Skaife pull away. Very disappointing.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'd love to see Skaife and Murph punch on. Wish it was they who'd stacked, not Ambrose.......

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see all the interest in motorsport. Again as spinner said that Murphy aimed for Ambrose, i totally AGREE. Looking at the overhead veiw (from helicoptor) Murpghy did go straight ahead.
After last year at the Gold Coast, Ambrose supposably did a brake check on Rick Kelly (Ambrose was letting Kelly through because he did not want to lead the race) and Murphy went passed, then after the race in the press conference Murphy was all talk saying Ambrose was trying to make Kelly run up the back of him, Anyways Murphy went all talk after winning bathurst ans what did Murphy do in the wrest of that year, NOTHING. Murphy has to focus on racing and not everyone elses racing. If murphy does this like he done in past to Bathursts and NZ he will be a better driver. I say Murphy is a second Skaife who blames everyone but themselves.