Be Careful (PLEASE READ)

giant_jack92

Likes Bikes
That so sad to hear. Your dad made such a brave decision deciding to put others first, you must be so proud of him.
Best wishes to you and your family

Jack

big rozy

Likes Dirt
i am humbled by your dads actions he is a true hero

let us never forget the message that you have spoken today

i hope things turn around for you and your family

my heart goes out to you mate

R-Lo

Likes Bikes
very sad to hear :( remember your dad will live on through those other 5 people in a small way, i'm sure they will be eternally grateful for his sacrifice.
chin up

HeezaGeeza

Likes Dirt
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but all the same I felt compelled to post a reply.

If we all strive to act as selflessly as your Dad has, this world will be a different place. I hope that pride in what your father has accomplished in life and death will carry you through these hard times.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

johnny_boy

Likes Dirt
As everyone has aptly observed, your Dad was truly a very strong person, which is a trait that I think he has passed to you Ads. A tragic accident, one that seems unjust, but I think we can all take something good away from it - Whether it be ensuring that you are on the organ donation register http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/yourhealth/our_services/aaodr.htm
or just appreciating life, and how easily we can lose it, no matter what your skill level. RIP Rob.

spadam

Likes Bikes
Thank you again every one for you kind replies. My dad's funeral is on thursday. I thought it would be nice to post up a photo of him at full speed at the Eastern vets club champs last year. Yes he is on the road, but thats what he liked.

Attachments

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A very sad story (you certainly made the tears flow from my eyes), particularly when such things happen to the best people.

Your Dad sounds like a great man, I hope I can be a fraction of of the type of parent to my kids as he must have been to you. Not to mention his selfless act in making others lives better at the cost of his own.

It would be easy to sacrifice ones own life but hard to leave behind others that you love. As a parent my fear isn't so much in losing my life it's more so the effect it would have on my family, my husband and my children. That is probably my worst fear in life.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

<tim>

Likes Bikes
Your dad is a true hero and should be very proud of him. He died doing something he loved and saved another 5 people in the process.

Deepest condolences

Tim

bertie

Squid
I dont really know what to say in these types of situations but here goes. Firstly, my condolences to you and your family and friends. Secondly, what your father did was truly remarkable and humbling. I can only imagine how proud you are as you remember him.

treggs

Treggs Tuned
Not sure I could make the decision your Dad did. It was completely selfless.
I have the greatest respect for him.

I hope your memorys of him don't fade.

My condolences to you and your family.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Organ donation is the greatest gift, your father is an inspiration to us all and while it's of little consolation, when the big man came he was at least doing the thing he loved.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I too feel compeled to reply.
Condolences to you and your family.That is the most selfless act I have ever heard.Truly inspiring.
With more people like your dad,the world would be a far better place.

Fischy

Likes Bikes
As with most others here... I cannot pretend to know exactly what you're going through, but its obvious to me that your father was a great man. His mark has been eternally left on those whom he saved while sacrificing himself to do so. There are few in this world who would have the stones and the soul to make such a decision.

May you be strong through this time of hardship; my most sincere condolensces to you, your family and all who knew your father.

craigb

Likes Dirt
ive experienced something simmilar to your loss only just over one year ago. my father tried to take his own life but was not completely sucesfull and we ended up having to make the decision and it was the hardest thing ive ever done. to watch your father die is something i hope no one else on here ever has to do i feel for you mate and ill be honest it was only the bike that kept me going just going out and clearing my head. STAY STRONG its a bloody tough time to be going threw