Bear almost rides out of zoo

dilemma

girl+bike
Bear breaks out
August 31, 2004 - 1:44PM
An Andean spectacled bear escaped from its enclosure in Berlin zoo and roamed around a children's playground - the second breakout since June, when a gorilla leapt over its fence, the zoo's deputy director said today.
"There was no panic among visitors and no real danger," when Juan hauled himself over a wall and made for the carousel, said Heiner Kloes, "but I was alarmed at how some fathers were too busy filming the bear to check where their children were."
Staff shot anaesthetic darts at the 110 kg bear to knock him out and are now reviewing zoo security.
"Spectacled bears eat both vegetables and meat but children tend not to be on their menu," Kloes said. "I'd have been a lot more worried if one of our polar bears had escaped."

Apparently it also knows that escaping by bike would be quicker than on foot...

Ell

Likes Dirt
hahahahaa....pity the bear got such a poor ride...but berlin zoo...wow. i was there last year and from what i remember the bears were pretty secure :?

think of the poor bugger who noticed the bear first :p must have shat his pants

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Bobo said:
bear, my new riding buddy :)
Yeah, some one hook him up with Farkin and we'll get him on a city ride.......that'll stop security farking with us :D

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
spuddy said:
johnny said:
Bobo said:
bear, my new riding buddy :)
Yeah, some one hook him up with Farkin and we'll get him on a city ride.......that'll stop security farking with us :D
Bear = Sweeny?

PS quiet bobo
No, no, the bear will DEAL with (s)weeny :lol:

...and yeah, I have no idea what you meant by that either Bobo :?:

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i don't think the bear can be grip, the bear hasn't ripped anyones head off this week.....
sorry bear, i mean grip, i'll be good

RCOH

Eats Squid
You are all mistaken. If you look at Grip's avatar it quite clearly shows that Grip is a Lion. Possibly a tired & grumpy one, but a lion nonetheless. :wink:

Lupine's avatar however shows a bear beating the absolute crap out of a bunny-type person. (that avatar has always kinda freaked me out a little, so violent).

It is all very self-explanatory people :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our avatars are a mirror of ourselves, aren't they? :wink: