Bearing loose in carbon fiber suspension linkage!

nexusfish

El Mariachi
Gday Guys, I have had a bearing come loose in a suspension rocker (bearing that attaches the rocker to the rear triangle in the pic). Any ideas on how i can get it to set back in? ive got some new enduro bearings sitting here so happy to use super epoxy as i wont have to change them again for a long time. Im thinking a liberal coating of retaining fluid or some sort of super hard epoxy as it is sliding in and out, but there is no slop. Just looking at this route before trying to find a new one.

Cheers.

Attachments

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First thing I would do is make sure the linkage hasn't cracked at the bearing hole.
Then use Loctite bearing retaining compound or 5 minute Araldite, neither will make a permanent bond to the rocker

nexusfish

El Mariachi
No cracks. I think the culprit was a snow ride up to the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart when there was a blizzard up there. The bearings in there had a lot of grease weeping out the back and i reckon the extreme cold contracted the bearing just enough and maybe the the carbon didn't and it allowed the grease to get between the carbon and the bearing where it was pressed in.