bears bike

STP RIDER123

Likes Dirt

M.artin

Arrow Racing
I have looked into them before, at first they look good, Then I looked a little further into it and found that they didnt seem as good as first thought.

I'm sure that they would be a nice bike to ride, The Geo is not too bad for a stock standard bike, But im just curious to the longevity of the build.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
They look cool and interesting, but certainly not sure on the build quality.. Would be interested in how they fare....

M|ke

Likes Dirt
Copyright 2000-2008 Bears-Bike.com All right Reserved.

Eight years in development? Im suprised at how well the build quality looks however i dont think i could ever seriously trust such a bike. Nor would you be likely to find someone that stocks bear. Still look cool though

dont be put off just by the fact that they are made in china. china has some of the most skilled workers in the world. the reason made in china products get such a bad wrap is because the chinese companies make products to the standards that western countries ask them to. so if the western company decides they are going to get their products made with inferior materials to save some cash, they inevitably fall apart.
one good example is caribee backpacks whose products were always manufactured in asia (sure it is china but could be wrong), and for a long time they made some of the best bags around. then they started skimping on materials to maximise profits, and they went to sh*t. My girlfriend bought one about 7 or 8 years ago and its still going strong. i tried buying on about 3 years ago because hers had lasted so long, and mine fell apart in a few week. had it replaced on warranty and it happened again. Both made in the same place by the same people, just different standards in quality.
in the case of the bike, i dont know. could be awesome, could be crap. its worth trying to find out to what standards they are building the bikes. how you might find that out, i have no idea...

Unless you can find someone reliable with experience, it could be any where from the best thing you ever bought, to the biggest waste of money ever. It's easy to make a product look better than it is; although looking round the site (after being translated by google) it sounds like it was set up by a BMX rider. The frames are CroMo, and since they make alot of their own parts, it would be unlikely it would be at or below the standered of a K-mart bike.

They definatly look nice though, and since that's all there is to go by until someone that has used one shows up...

nucleon hawke

Likes Dirt
I quite like the look of them, but i havnt heard anything about them so not really sure on how they would last.

What i do know though is that id f*** those forks off. from looks it seems as if all their rigs are QR :confused: appart from that they look the goods

kyle08

Likes Dirt
I would go with the light blue 24'' mountain bike beacuse it look's sick and i would so get it. Or i would take the white bears bike actually.

DirtRida_94

Likes Dirt
Its pretty nice but if you dont mind me asking,
why dont you just buy a bike in Aussie that you know is a good brand and wont let you down?:D

kyle08

Likes Dirt
I would just say the same thing emporting them from a different country cost to much money and why would you want to spend money that you could put into parts or something like that.

Dandelion

Likes Dirt
HAHA! the motto on the front page of the website is "Just do it"... sound familiar? If you are going to get one do it before nike sues them. r0f1c0p73r5!